Vegan casseroles are full of comforting ingredients and taste heavenly! Make one of these to warm up the house! It will smell so good as well while it bakes, everyone will be excited for dinnertime. You will love this collection of hearty dinner casseroles that are plant based!
Vegan Casseroles for Wintertime
I love a hearty casserole in the winter. It’s comfort food at it’s finest! Casseroles are a great well rounded dinner option since they are full of healthy plant based proteins and vegetables! Topped with an amazing sauce these casseroles bake in the oven until piping hot and fill hungry bellies around the dinner table.
Which vegan casserole will you make first? All of them are going on my menu plan this winter! If you make one, we would love to know, tag @badtothebowl on social media.
- Mom’s Best Classic Gluten-Free Vegan Baked Ziti is made without the dairy, but still under 5 ingredients! A family favorite from Strength and Sunshine. This is a comfort food recipe, remade! This make-ahead “cheesy” pasta dinner casserole is soy-free too, super easy, delicious, and baked in 20 minutes! Great as a freezer meal or having leftovers throughout the week!
- Cheezy Veggie Divan from Plant Based Cooking has a “cheezy” sauce that is made with creamy cannellini beans and red roasted peppers. Great for a crowd or an easy weeknight meal.
- Vegan Tuna Casserole from Vegan Dollhouse is a healthier version of traditional tuna casserole. A childhood favorite, recreated to be plant-based.
- Vegan Rice Casserole from Rhian’s Recipes is super easy to make, creamy and flavorful and secretly healthy with mushrooms and onion! Also gluten-free.
- Barbecue Lentil, Farro and Cauliflower Bake – BBQ Casserole from Vegan Richa is a layered casserole that is baked. Amazing Flavors! This is a Nut free Recipe. Can be soyfree and made Gluten free with rice or quinoa.
6. Comforting gluten-free and vegan Sweet Potato Casserole with Black beans, Kale, Buckwheat and roasted garlic sauce from Happy Kitchen Rocks. Easy to assemble and perfect to make ahead.
7. Lentil Vegetarian Cottage Pie from Veggie Inspired is made with lentils, butternut squash, cauliflower and spices in a rich savory tomato sauce and topped off with creamy carrot mashed potatoes. This is comfort food at it’s best, and it’s healthy too! Grab a spoon and dig in!
8. Vegan Eggplant Parmesan from Yummy, Mummy Kitchen is a lighter baked vegan eggplant parmesan with warm layers of grilled eggplant, pomodoro sauce, fresh herbs, and cheesy flavor. This is a delicious family-style Italian dinner.
9. Spicy, Dal, Aubergine and Kale Casserole from Yumsome is simple to make, and not only fills your tummy with its warming goodness but also fills your kitchen with its comforting aroma!
10. Vegan Green Bean Casserole from Clean Green Simple is a delicious vegan green bean casserole and a dairy-free version of the classic side dish. It features oven-baked “fried” onions, crispy green beans, & creamy mushroom sauce.
11. This creamy Vegan Casserole with Chickpeas and Butternut Squash from Watch, Learn Eat is infused with the signature fall flavors of sage and thyme. Enjoy it all autumn long, either as a vegan side or a main course.
12. Vegan, Potato and Broccoli Casserole from Nutriciously is a simple and comforting, super creamy casserole with a cheesy cashew sauce. Gluten Free, Oil Free, Wholesome – a healthy family favorite!
13. Vegan Breakfast Casserole with No Eggs from Veggie Fun Kitchen is a hearty breakfast based on the classic overnight breakfast casserole. Perfect for breakfast or ‘brinner’ it has a vegan twist using vegan sausage and egg replacer!
14. Vegan Skillet Enchiladas from My Darling Vegan is an easy one-pot vegan enchiladas skillet dinner recipe. Made with butternut squash and black beans for a seasonal hearty gluten-free dinner.
15. Bean, Vegetable and Basil Bake from our Bad to the Bowl archives is naturally gluten free, full of veggies, protein and loads of taste! You will love this casserole that is topped with Harvest Snaps Tomato Basil Lentil Crisps.