This post may contain affiliate links, see our disclosure here.
Recipes loaded with fruits and vegetables but without dairy, eggs or meat doesn’t have to be boring! These simple vegan dinner recipes for beginners will make your tastebuds dance. From quinoa bowls to soups, these recipes are satisfying and nourishing and will keep your Veganuary resolution going strong.
Veganism has gone more mainstream and there are great options in most grocery stores for combining convenience items such as plant based meats with fresh vegetables. This recipe round up has a variety of plant based dinner ideas whether you want fresh and healthy zoodles or salad bowls or you feel like comforting mashed potatoes and stew! If you need additional vegan dinner ideas check out these great recipe round up ideas from our blog archives:
- Quinoa Chipotle Bowl with Southwest Tahini Sauce from Shane and Simple is a hearty and savory dish that is super easy to make and delicious. Topped with a southwest tahini sauce, this dish satisfies!
- Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup from That Girl Cooks Healthy is a creamy soup made from charred red bell pepper combined with tomato, fragrant basil and vegetable stock.
- Beefless Beef Stew from the Nut-Free Vegan is made with Gardein Beefless tips and is a comforting meal during winter!
- Chipotle Lime Tofu from Vegan Travel Eats is full of flavor and is great in a rice bowl or inside a taco shell!
- Black Bean Salsa Burgers from Veggie Inspired are made with only 4 ingredients and are ready in only 15 minutes! Serve with potato rounds (recipe included in her post) and you have a complete meal!
- Lemon Garlic Zoodles from Pink Fortitude take only 10 minutes to make and are super healthy! Zoodles are spiralized zucchini and the star of this recipe that is full of good for you ingredients.
7. Nooch Cheese Sauce from Elephantastic Vegan is nut free and perfect for nachos, pizza or whenever you need a cheesy fix.
8. Stovetop Gluten Free Vegan Mac and Cheese from Watch Learn Eat comes together in minutes right on the stovetop – no blender necessary! A dairy-free mac and cheese recipe that is gluten-free and nut-free too. Perfect for those new to plant based eating.
9. Double Decker Tacos with black and refried beans from Cadry’s Kitchen resemble an old fast food favorite. This vegan version is made with two layers of beans, hard and soft shells and vegetables.
10. Chipotle Tofu Rainbow Wraps from Vegan Yack Attack makes a fresh flavorful lunch or dinner! Chipotle tahini tofu topped with a hummus sauce, cabbage, romaine, carrots, avocado, red onion and tomato and then all wrapped in a tortilla. To keep it gluten free put it in a bowl or GR tortilla.
11. No Chop Chickpea Curry from Full of Beans is perfect for anyone who needs to get dinner made in a hurry or for anyone who is new to vegan cooking! This meal makes use of pantry staples including spices, canned chickpeas, coconut milk and rice.
12. Sticky Sesame Chickpeas from Eat with Clarity can be made in 15 minutes and are great for the whole family! They also are great for meal prep. Serve with rice and steamed broccoli for a complete meal.
13. Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes from Veganosity are creamy, dairy free, healthy and delicious! Pair them with Porcini Mushroom Gravy for an out of this world vegan dinner dish.
14. Penne all’Arrabbiata from Jack Slobodian is a quick and tasty vegan pasta dish, it’s made with very few ingredients and can be on your table within 30 minutes!
15. Easy Homemade Vegan Bean Burrito from Nutritiously is an easy customizable vegan meal! Use a combination of rice, beans, sauce, vegetables such as bell pepper, onion, green onion or any other plant based ingredients you have in your fridge, roll it up in a tortilla or swap out the tortilla for a leafy green.
16. Spicy Green Rice from Soup Addict flavor boosts your plain rice with a super simple yet super flavorful spicy green sauce. The sauce blends up in mere minutes and is the perfect accompaniment for roasted vegetables or tacos.
17. Tofu Stir with Broccoli and Peppers from My Darling Vegan is made with sautéed broccoli and peppers and mixed with a Ginger Peanut Sauce for a delicious, hearty, and healthy tofu dinner recipe.
18. Red Lentil Sloppy Joes from Bad to the Bowl archives are a family favorite and great for meal prep. Using a combination of spice, black bean crumbles and red lentils this recipe is kid and adult approved!
Hi Sarah – I love all of these easy to make vegan recipes. PINNED! Thank you for including my lemon garlic zoodles. My heart is full of gratitude. Hugs, Holly