Tis’ the season for baking goodies and vegan Christmas treats! Vegan truffles, vegan Christmas cookies, vegan chocolates and vegan popcorn – what have you been baking in your kitchen this holiday season?
Christmas Treat Making Memories
This is one of my fondest memories as a kid. My mom baked and baked and baked and then baked some more at Christmas.
Christmas treats galore. Nothing fancy, mind you – no truffles or chocolates but quick breads (even the odd fruitcake), chocolate chip cookies, spritz cookies, PB cookies, fudge…yes all the standards for a midwest Hoosier household. We also made this this one sugar like cookie – I am not even sure what they were called. Do you have that type of cookie in your memory bank?
As mentioned above they were a sugar – like cookie that you actually poured the dough into a shaped tin cookie sheet (i.e. you didn’t cut them out, the pan already had the Christmas shapes…) and then brushed them with milk, topped with sprinkles and then baked. Something similar to this pan by Wilton. I am not sure why I remember those particular cookies. I wish I had those pans, so I could come up with a vegan sugar cookie to relive that memory.
Memories of My Mom
Can I backup a moment and tell you a little about my mom? She was a practical cook and a practical gift giver. What do I mean by that?
She believed whole – heartedly in the power of a good meal and more importantly in practical gifts.
For example: Are you hungry? Let me share some food with you! Do you need clothing? Here is a sweater in your favorite color! Everyone should read more, here is a book! It’s cold outside, here are some gloves and a hat to stay warm.Gadgets and gizmos we were not that into – but the latest book or a shirt in our favorite color – yes please!
I think in the midwest we just are born with this practical sense of living. Back to the food though…Now my mom wasn’t the best cook in the world. We lived off pretty standard Indiana mid-western food. I.e. Meat and Potatoes! And I am not sure I ever saw her use a spice other than cinnamon.
But everything was made with a servants heart full of love.
Christmas is about Love
That is the secret ingredient..don’t you agree? Love. We all need more of that in our lives. Christmas is the perfect time to bake up some ‘love’. So pick one, pick two or even pick three or four from this vegan treat Christmas list and bake up some love in that kitchen of yours. Share your treats with neighbors, friends and family…make memories, receive smiles and overall share good will to all. That is what the season is all about.
32 Vegan Christmas Treats to Spread a Little Love this Season ❤️
1. Vegan White Chocolate Candy Cane Truffles. Melanie from A Virtual Vegan brings us this indulgent treat! What is more Christmas-y than peppermint candy canes? Treat those you love with these sweet, creamy minty bites!
2. Chocolate Dipped Snickerdoodle Cookie Truffles – Easy Chocolate Dipped Snickerdoodle Cookie Truffles from our blog are made with gluten free snickerdoodle cookies and dipped into chocolate. Easy and decadent dessert for gifting this holiday season.
3. ‘No Butter’ Peanut Butter Blossoms Rebecca from Strength and Sunshine has healthified a Christmas favorite – and it is 100% still that delicious combo of PB and chocolate that we all love! Gluten free, vegan, grain free and oil free – indulge without regrets.
4. Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles Are you missing your Ferrero Rocher chocolates? Miss them no more when you make this recipe from Rhian’s Recipes! Creamy, silky smooth and hazelnut infused, a definite must this Christmastime.
5. Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Jeni from Thyme and Love brings us these classic chocolate chip bars. Bar cookies are a great idea especially at the holidays as everyone loves the small bit portions plus it saves you time in the kitchen! Win – win for everyone.
6. Skinny Buckeyes Call ’em buckeyes, call ’em peanut butter balls – no matter what you call them, I know they are a must in my household during the holidays. And now I can fill good about making these for my family as Maryea’s recipes from Happy Healthy Mama are healthier than the original recipe that calls for loads of butter and powdered sugar. Make this to treat your loved ones!
7. Vegan Dark Chocolate Caramel Cups One word to describe this recipe from Monica at the Movement Menu: decadent. Just remember to throw some in the freezer for yourself before they are all snatched up off the dessert table!
8. Rice Crispy Crunch Chocolate Truffles Natalie from Feasting on Fruit brings us another classic remade to be vegan and healthier than the original! You will love these crispy, crunchy bites and so will all your friends.
9. Freezer Fudge with Macadamia Nuts This fudge is decadent but won’t leave you with that ‘ommpff how much fudge did I just eat’ feeling. Marina from Yummy Mummy Kitchen brings us this natural ingredient inspired fudge that features: cashew butter, cacao, and maple syrup. Just remember to save some in the freezer for you!
10. Vegan Gingerbread Cookies Another Christmas treat staple! Veg Annie serves up these cute cut-outs that are vegan, gluten free and contain no refined sugar. Wouldn’t these be so cute to hand out to your whole neighborhood?
11. Vegan Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies Are these not the prettiest Christmas cookies you have ever seen? I just love the color of them and the will look amazing on your Christmas cookie platter. Thanks Sarah at My Darling Vegan!
12. Vegan Sugar Cookies No Christmas treat list is complete without sugar cookies in my mind. Brandi at The Vegan 8, wows us once again with a cookie that is both soft in the middle and crispy on the edges – just like the perfect sugar cookie should be. And gluten free and oil free as an added bonus.
13. 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Pie Dip Just 3 ingredients for this dip that is perfect for the Christmas dessert table! Kalia from Healthy Helper serves us this dessert that is perfect for dipping and tastes like peanut butter pie.
14. 5 Ingredient Turtle Truffles A turtle truffle?! Yes, please. These decadent balls of chocolate and nuts are brought to us from the ladies at Veganosity. Date caramel, almonds and chocolate make this out of this world good.
15. Classic Vegan Toffee Bars Jennifer from Veggie Inspired has recreated a classic into a healthy, protein packed treat! Soft, dense and chewy with pecan butter and coconut sugar, these are perfect for everyone’s Christmas treat box!
16. Macadamia and White Chocolate Cookies I love that Rosie at The Hungry Herbivores shows us how these cookies can be made into nice cream sandwiches! Both kids and adults will love these classic cookies whether you fill them with ‘nice cream’ or not.
17. Chocolate Peppermint Vegan Rice Crispy Treats Easy and festive make this the perfect dessert to make this holiday season! Sarah at Fried Dandelions whips these delicious peppermint chocolate treats in 5 minutes making these perfect for when you need a last minute treat!
18. Caramelized Almond Rocky Road Bark Spabettie makes this rich, decadent dessert featuring amazing caramelized almonds. A unique treat to bring to the office or family party!
19. Melt – in – your – Mouth Gingerbread Truffles Pink Fortitude brings use these mouthwatering gems that have classic gingerbread taste and then our covered in chocolate!
20. Candied Eggnog Popcorn Candied combines the classic taste of eggnog without any dairy! This makes a large batch which is perfect for packaging up in small batches for gifts.
21. Grinch Mint Magic Cookie Bars Emma at Craving Nature makes these grinchy bars that are so festive for the season! Raw, gluten free and vegan make these perfect for plant based friends and family.
24. Homemade Caramel Candy Bars Christina at Love Fed brings us this recipe that is something to ‘snicker’ over! Yes, you read that right a homemade candy bar similar to that one that satisfied growing up.
25. Guilt – Free Vegan Cookie Dough Bites 30 minutes are all you need to make these cookie dough bites from Nick at Serving Realness! Protein packed and indulgent, the perfect morsel to pop into your mouth for a Christmas snack.
26. Mexican Hot Cacao Popcorn A popcorn that will have you reaching for another nibble! Cacao powder makes this chocolate popcorn indulgent while cinnamon adds a subtle spicy aftertaste.
27. Vegan Soft Pumpkin Ginger Snaps By adding pumpkin to the classic gingersnap cookie, we get a soft cookie that is perfect for Christmas treat baking! Vegan Richa brings use these delicious vegan treats that everyone will adore.
28. Vegan Maple Cookies Becky from Glue and Glitter makes these versatile cookies that have maple syrup with a touch of brown sugar. The earthy flavor is balanced by the addition nuts, seeds, cranberries or chocolate chips.
29. Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn Cadry’s Kitchen bring us this fluffy popcorn covered in a sweet peanut butter coating and then drizzled with a ribbon of dark chocolate for a satisfying Christmas crunch!
30. Vegan Rum Balls Kari from a Beautiful Ingredient brings us these velvety chocolate treats. Silky smooth, and mousse like with a cake-y texture, these are a mouthwatering delight for your Christmas treat box.
32. Rainbow No Bake Brownies Abbey’s Kitchen brings us these no bake brownie bites! Festive and fudgy make these perfect for when you are craving a chocolate fix. We would love to know what you are making in your kitchen this Christmas!
BONUS! Vegan Cream Cheese Brownie Bites are fudgy and decadent! Perfect bite sized shape for your holiday dessert tray.