I know salad sometimes gets a bad rep. These vegan spring salads are anything but boring, though! Full of vibrant colors, plant based protein and delicious vegetables, your view of salads will certainly be influenced and you may even start to love them!
No More Boring Vegan Spring Salads
There are a lot of reasons to love salad and most of all is realizing that your salad doesn’t need to be some wimpy iceberg lettuce salad thrown in a bowl with a few carrots and an oily dressing. In all honestly, I would hate that salad too! I love salads that are full of vibrant colors and filled to the brim with plant based protein and crunchy vegetables – like all the salads on our website!
To kickstart your love of salad, I asked some of my favorite vegan bloggers to share their best, nourishing main dish salads recipes! You will love these bright, colorful unique salad combinations that are far from boring. They combine grains, veggies, fruits and spices for out of this world flavor in salad form! These recipes are perfect for spring because as the earth turns brighter and greener so can our bowls and the food we eat! Plus in warmer weather a salad just seems better – am I right?! We would love to know if you try one or two or all these salads this spring!
Tag #badtothebowl on social media and let us know how your salad making is taking!
Must Try Nourishing Spring Salad Recipes
1. Kale and Wheat Berry Salad from Cadry’s Kitchen uses both kale and green leaf lettuce as the salad base. To add in texture and color, cooked wheat berries (sub brown rice for gluten free), grated carrot, bell pepper and celery are mixed in. A no added oil tahini lemon dressing adds a nice nuttiness with a slight tang! Perfect for springtime.
2. Vegan Avocado Pasta Salad from The Stingy Vegan is full of flavor and perfect to take to your next BBQ or potluck! This pasta salad is a great filling choice as it contains lots of veggies + chickpeas all tossed with a flavorful dill avocado dressing.
3. Rainbow Buckwheat Salad is a colorful salad from Strength and Sunshine that combines carrots, radishes, mint, basil, endive blueberries, vinegar and warm spices for a super light salad with crunch, hints of sweet, and fresh and fragrant flavor.
4. Mango and Black Bean Quinoa Salad from My Whole Food Life that is easy to make and delicious! Quinoa, black beans, mango, corn and green onion are tossed with fresh lime juice and cilantro for a simple combination that tastes outstanding topped with creamy avocado.
5. Cold Peanut Noodle Salad is a Thai – inspired vegan and gluten free salad from Savory Tooth that combines noodles, healthy vegetables, a spicy homemade peanut dressing and tops it all with sesame seeds!
6. Vegan Pesto Quinoa Salad from Veggie Society is loaded with vegetables and flavor. Roasted tomatoes, peppers, artichokes hearts and quinoa are tossed with a vegan pesto for a flavorful main dish salad that is flavor packed at every bite.
7. Summer Steel Cut Oat Salad with Miso Balsamic Dressing from Veggies Don’t Bite combines sweet cherries and corn with spicier arugula and then oats add a great texture for a filling salad. Pine nuts add a nice crunch and a Maple Miso Dressing makes this a party for the tastebuds.
8. Vegan BLT Salad with Homemade Smokey and Spicy Mayo from Veganosity is a hearty salad that is healthy. Vegan portobello bacon, romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes and avocado are combined with a smokey spicy mayo that has no oil or eggs!
9. Strawberry Kale Salad from Dianne’s Vegan Kitchen is light and refreshing! Sweet strawberries pair perfectly with baby kale, crunchy sunflower seeds and a creamy dairy free dressing.
10. Green Power Bowl combines fresh roasted asparagus, broccoli and plant based edamame for a plant based bowl that is protein packed!
11. Spring Sushi Bowl combines spicy radishes, fresh peas, pickled ginger and a spicy tomato make up this refreshing Sushi bowl from the Sasha Diaries! A true testimony that we consume with our eyes first, your tastebuds will want to follow second because this bowl looks out of this world amazing.
12. Viva La Fiesta Taco Salad from Yummy Mummy Kitchen is a tasty taco salad with tempeh! Omit the cheese to keep this vegan, plant based friendly.
13. Maple Mustard Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Salad from Joy Food Sunshine is a perfect meatless main dish or side dish! It’s loaded with veggies & protein and bursting with flavor! It’s a great meal prep recipe that you can make ahead
14. Quinoa, Dill and Baby Green Salad with Creamy Lemon Tahini Yogurt Dressing from The Curious Chickpea combines delicate dill with quinoa and baby salad greens and then tosses it all in a dairy free lemon tahini yogurt dressing for a beautiful spring salad!
15. Vegan Cashew Lime Pesto – Cauliflower Salad from Trinity’s Conscious Kitchen is a unique combination that you will love! Lime adds a zing to the traditional cashew vegan pesto that pairs perfectly with cauliflower in this salad.
16. Black Bean Pineapple Salad from Veggies Save the Day combines lack beans and sweet tart pineapple and then everything is tossed in a creamy avocado dressing.
17. Southern Kale Salad with Smoky Ranch from Vegan Yack Attack is loaded with flavor and a smoky vegan ranch that makes this plant based salad out of this world delicious!
18. Spiralized Vegetable Salad from My Darling Vegan uses summer squash, zucchini, beet and carrots and then tosses them with a green goddess dressing and lastly a nice crunch is added from toasted pumpkin seeds.
19. Healthy Power Grain BLT Salad to Go from Plant Philosophy is a fun layered salad jar that is perfect for on the go! Hemp ranch, coconut bacon and quinoa are combined in a mason jar for a great at your desk lunch option.
20. Vegan Southwestern Salad with Avocado Dressing from Healthier Steps has a base of chopped Romaine lettuce, chopped red and yellow bell peppers, black bean, organic corn, avocado, spring onions, and cilantro. It’s loaded with all types of yumminess and then topped with a creamy avocado dressing.
21. Springy Radish Salad from Beautiful Ingredient is full of fresh ingredients all topped with a lime dressing that is oil and refined sugar free! Radishes, bok choy and toasted cashews are on a salad base of sturdy greens.
22. Breakfast Kale Salad from Glue and Glitter features kale, tofu, tempeh bacon and a creamy cashew carrot sauce making this veggie packed bowl a delicious meal!
23. Roasted Cauliflower with Lentils and Grapes from Veggie Inspired is amazing. Cauliflower is tossed with turmeric & curry powder, roasted until tender and golden, and then tossed with protein-packed lentils and sweet, juicy grapes. This is one you need try pronto.
24. Vegan Caesar Salad with Chickpea Croutons from Nora Cooks is a crowd pleaser with crunchy roasted chickpeas, a roasted garlic cashew dressing and vegan parmesan cheese. If Caesar salad was your favorite in your pre-vegan days, you need this updated all plant based version in your recipe repertoire.
25. Thai Peanut Zucchini Noodle Salad from VegAnnie is oil-Free, gluten-free, vegan and high protein and may we add super healthy and scrumptious?! Who wants to head to the kitchen and make this right now, yep, me too! And it is super simple too with only 5 ingredients + a skinny peanut sauce.
26. Mixed Green Salad with Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower, Avocado & Cucumber Ranch Dressing from Vegetarian Gastronomy combines buffalo tangy, spicy, bold flavors that are transformed into a mouthwatering easy mixed green salad that is good for you! This healthy Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower Salad recipe is vegan and gluten-free and makes a great healthy lunch option!
27. Vegan Quinoa Taco Lettuce Wrap Looking to wrap your salad instead of eat it in the traditional bowl? Try it wrapped in a salad leaf! This recipe from our own archives is filled with protein and great taste and no wasted calories with wrapping in lettuce instead of a tortilla means more room for chips and salsa!
28. Purple Cabbage Slaw with Orange and Tahini Dressing from Food Porn Vegan Style is a feast for the eyes! how It has a simple ingredient list, oil free and super easy to put together at the last minute for dinner.
29. Lentil, Avocado, and Radish Salad from Letty’s Kitchen a feast for the eyes it is nutrient dense. Spicy radishes, protein packed lentils and creamy avocado are tossed with a citrus dressing and the salad is topped off with salty tamari pumpkin seeds.
30. Cherry Berry Quinoa Salad with “Chevre” from Fragrant Vanilla is perfect for spring with bright colors, a light zesty lemon dressing and creamy cashew cheese. If you are craving something sweet, try this salad instead of reaching for dessert.
31. Kale and Quinoa Salad with Maple Mustard Tempeh From My Bowl is a kale and quinoa salad that is filled to the brim with colorful vegetables, plant based tempeh protein and whole grains. Oil free dressing with only 3 ingredients makes this salad super healthy for spring.
32. Panzanella Salad from Plant Based Cooking uses an oil free dressing but retains its taste with garlic, basil and vibrant veggies.
33. Garden Salad with Creamy Avocado Dill Dressing from A Pretty Bee is a filling salad with a creamy avocado dill dressing. Perfect for when you are craving a creamy dressing for topping those salad greens!
34. Vegan Taco Salad with Carrot ‘Walnut’ Taco Meat Taco ‘meat’ recipe from Vegan Richa is a mix of carrots, walnuts, spices and herbs that give it a great flavor! Add some roasted peppers, greens and all your favorite taco toppings for a light dinner full of taste.
35. Vegan Curried Chickpea Salad from Blissful Basil is delicious on its own or sandwiched between two slices of your favorite bread! Chickpeas are gently mashed and then combined with grapes, scallions, raisins, and a and cilantro. The mixture is then tossed in a creamy, tangy, and subtly sweet cashew curry dressing.
36. Grilled Radishes with Marinated Kale is a savory salad full of delicious grilled spring vegetables!
If you make any of these salads, we would love to know! Tag @badtothebowl on social media.