We have a symbiotic relationship with the earth and plants have an important place in our lifestyle from healing our bodies to supporting our bodies and then in what we can give back to the plants as well.
In this episode, Sarah interviews Barb Webb, author of the new book Getting Baked: Everything You Need To Know About Hemp, CBD, and Medicinal Gardening. This book is a great place to start if you are interested in learning more about how the plants around us can help support our health and wellness goals. From CBD to herbs and spices, Barb gives us the background and tips on how to use medicinal gardening for its healing properties.
Understanding How Plants Can Help Heal
This was such a great interview for anyone who wants to understand better how plants can help heal our bodies. Here is what we go over in the interview:
- What led Barb to explore medicinal gardening
- Why Cannabis is misunderstood as a plant
- How to choose CBD, ensure it is ‘legit’ and what the difference is between CBD isolate and full spectrum
- Why cannabis and medicinal is a clever match in the plant based world
- An overview of popular herbs to grow in your medicinal garden
- Common uses of spices and how to use them
- How to store and preserve herbs for using later
- Common food pairings for herbs and spices
- When to use CBD in a recipe for food or natural beauty products
- Medicinal Tea vs. Herbal Tea