Oh but it did. And these Apple Almond Sweet Potato Granola Bars turned out great and traveled well for our hiking trip!
Ingredients in Apple Almond Sweet Potato Granola Bars
To make these granola bars plant powered I added cauliflower and sweet potato. To give these oat bars a vegan protein punch I added almond butter and sliced almonds. Finally, to keep these packable bars low sugar I used unsweetened applesauce! Using gluten free oats meant these are also gluten free bars!
Yum! These are now up there on my go to granola bar list along with these other favorites:
Apple Almond Sweet Potato Granola BarsCourse: Snacks
Easy homemade granola bars contain veggies, fruit and nut butter.
3/4 cup diced sweet potato
1 cup cauliflower florets
2 cups old fashioned oats (I used gluten free)
1/2 cup unsweetened natural applesauce
1/4 cup Justin’s Maple Almond Butter*
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1 Tblsp pure maple syrup
2 Tblsp cacoa nibs**
1/2 tsp salt
- Steam your sweet potato and cauliflower for about 5 minutes until soft. Process until smooth in food processor or blender.
- Place oats in large bowl, add almond butter, maple syrup and applesauce. Stir well.
- Fold in your veggies. Stir in your slivered almonds, salt, cinnamon.
- Fold in cacoa nibs.**
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- Cool then store in refrigerator.
- *You could use your favorite nut butter mixed with a touch of maple syrup.
- **You could substitute dairy free mini chocolate chips.