- 11.3 Million Apple Trees throughout the State
- 35,500 Acres of Land Dedicated to Growing Apples
- 825 Family Run Apple Producing Orchards
Do you have a favorite apple variety? If I am choosing a variety in the fall to eat as a sweet snack, it is Honeycrisp all the way! If you have not tried one of these – they are nothing short of amazing! Sweet, crispy, juicy – they have it all going on!
Make These Apple Oat SunButter Slices
These apple slices contain no refined sugar and no nuts. They are very allergy friendly! I used gluten free oats from these apple oat bars but you if you are not gluten free, feel free to use regular old fashioned oats.
These homemade oat bars come together quickly. I made them in a pie pan so I could slice them like a pie but they would also be good made in a square pan! These apple oat sunbutter slices are also freezer friendly! Just thaw, warm up and enjoy! They will lose some crunch, but still be very good.
Apple Oat SunButter SlicesCourse: breakfast, Snacks
Warm spices and healthy ingredients make this a go to snack anytime of the year!
4 small gala apples
1 Tblsp maple syrup
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup applesauce
1/8 cup water
3 Tblsp sunbutter
2 Tblsp baking date paste
2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats (I used gluten free)
1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Slice 2 apples and place in small bowl.
- Add maple syrup, 1/4 tsp cinnamon and 1/8 tsp salt to bowl with apples. Stir well. Set aside.
- Chop other two apples in small pieces. Place in small saucepan with water, sunbutter, baking dates, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Bring to boil over low heat and stir until mixed well .
- Place oats in medium sized bowl and pour your apple/sunbutter mixture over oats. Stir until combined.
- Spread in your prepared pie plate.
- Top with apple slices from step 3 and raw sunflower seeds
- Bake at 350 degrees 40 minutes.
- Enjoy warm or store in fridge.