- Made with Whole Food Ingredients
Apple Pumpkin Soup with Chipotle | Awesome Vegan Soups Book Review
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil*
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 apple, peeled and cubed (I used a honeycrisp but a gala or fuji apple would work equally well)
- 2 ribs celery, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups (400 g) peeled and cubed pumpkin
- 2 cups (480 ml) vegetable broth
- ¾ cup (180 ml) coconut milk**
- 1 (7-oz [198 g]) jar chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, chopped
- Small handful fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large stockpot and sauté the garlic for 2 minutes until it becomes fragrant. Add the diced apple and celery and sauté for an additional 2 minutes. Add the pumpkin and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Blend with an immersion blender, or in a blender in batches, until smooth. Return to the stovetop, add the coconut milk to make soup extra creamy if desired. Bring to a quick boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 more minutes. Puree one more time if not completely smooth.
- Serve with chopped chipotle and fresh cilantro.
***I divided soup into two large bowls and swirled in about 1 – 2 teaspoons of the chipotle sauce from the jar – ADJUST TO YOUR TASTE.