le class="rw-rating-table rw-ltr rw-right rw-no-labels">
I have been on a veggie prep mission on the weekends! After shopping on Fridays on Saturday I have a veggie prep session.
Old way: Prep veggies each day for grilling that night.
New way: If I am prepping for one day, why not for all days that week?
And one might argue, that by cutting I am losing some nutrients…but when you are a busy it just makes sense to have dinner prep done?
Am I right, or am I right?
Eating healthy to me is all about the prep –
If you have the items ready to go, you are more apt to eat them, to grill them or to snack on them.
Well you get the picture.
So this Asian bowl was part of this new veggie prep session.
I had prepped an assortment of vegetables – zucchini, cauliflower, peppers and put some Asian seasoning on them.
When it came time to grill them and thinking about how my veggie bowl was going to look – I envisioned them sitting atop some fresh salad greens – but I knew the addition of the fresh greens would be better with a kickin’ dressing.
Cue: White Miso Paste.
Because you know that tub of miso paste is huge and I am slowly chipping away at it with other recipes such as:
- Thai Salad with Miso Peanut Dressing
Here are the results of this bowl – we were so happy with it that we ate this bowl two nights in a row!
Yep, it was that good.
Asian Grilled Vegetables with Miso Vinaigrette
Grilled veggies are topped with an oil free miso vinaigrette that is full of flavor!
- Assorted vegetables to grill (I used cauliflower, sweet peppers, onions, zucchini and corn)
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tblsp White Miso Paste
- 1 Tblsp soy sauce
- 1/2 Tblsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 t sesame oil
- 1 t. minced garlic clove
- 1/2 t.
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp tumeric
- Chop veggies and toss with a small amount of olive oil and salt and pepper (or any other seasonings you like – I love this for this recipe).
- Prepare grill basket for veggies (oil it slightly so veggies don’t stick).
- Grill over medium heat to desired tenderness (20 – 30 minutes). Stir frequently so bottom veggies don’t burn!
- While veggies grill, prepare dressing. Put all ingredients in a small bowl and stir/whisk until smooth.
- Prepare your bowl with fresh salad greens. Top with grilled veggies, roasted chickpeas, avocado and drizzle with dressing!
Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe. I love how you incorporate these ingredients to turn it to a better recipe.