Baked buffalo cauliflower florets are a delicious comfort food recipe! Loaded with amazing taste and baked in the oven, these healthy vegan cauliflower wings are sure to be a crowd pleaser at the dinner table.
Ingredients in Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Florets
These crispy cauliflower bites with buffalo sauce have minimal ingredients and are very easy to make! I love making these vegan cauliflower wings for get togethers with friends or family, even the most skeptical vegetable eaters love them.
Here are the ingredients you need:
- Buffalo Sauce
- Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- Smoked Paprika
- Garlic Powder
- Gluten Free Panko
- Almond Milk
I like to use Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce as I can find it easily at my local store. You might be alarmed at the ingredient “natural butter flavor” in Frank’s Red Hot Sauce….but according to Thrive Cuisine Frank’s Red Hot Sauce Buffalo contains no dairy ingredients.
How to Make Crispy Baked Buffalo Cauliflower
Baked cauliflower wings with buffalo sauce are easy to make! These low carb cruciferous vegetable wings are mildly spice and perfect in a salad bowl with fresh greens and a scoop of guacamole.
Here are the steps to making vegan buffalo cauliflower:
- Make your gluten free “batter” coating for the cauliflower. This will ensure you cauliflower wings get crispy on the outside and tender on the inside when you roast them in the oven. Mix your gluten free flour, almond milk and spices together. This will result in a thick ‘paste’ which you will use to coat your cauliflower wings.
- Bake your cauliflower wings on a prepared baking pan. I cover my baking pan with a silpat mat or parchment paper.
- Coat with buffalo sauce and panko and cook until crispy.
How to Serve and Store Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
These cauliflower wings are best served fresh right out of the oven! This is when your panko will be the crispiest. That being said, my husband and I do eat them as leftovers and throughly enjoy them.
If you have leftovers, store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. I do not recommend freezing leftovers.
Other frequently asked questions:
- What is better to use regular or organic cauliflower?
I have found that regular non organic cauliflower tends to make me more gassy so I opt to use organic cauliflower.
- How do I make this less spicy?
To make these vegan buffalo wings less spicy, decrease the amount of buffalo sauce used or add a pinch of agave nectar to the buffalo sauce.
- Do I need to use panko vs. regular gluten free breadcrumbs?
Yes, panko is a crispier breadcrumb and will result in a crispier buffalo cauli bite.
If you make these buffalo cauliflower wings, tag @badtothebowl on social media.
Baked Buffalo Cauliflower FloretsCourse: VeganCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Easy baked cauliflower buffalo florets are a healthy vegan ‘wing’ everyone will love!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and cover a large rimmed baking pan with a silpat mat or parchment paper.
- In medium sized bowl, stir together your gluten free flour, almond milk and spices. Your mixture will be a thick paste.
- Add cauliflower florets and toss to coat.
- Spread out cauliflower florets evenly on prepared pan and roast for 30 minutes. Flip cauliflower half way through cooking time.
- After 30 minutes, remove from oven and toss with buffalo sauce. Sprinkle with panko.
- Return to oven and on LOW rack bake 10-15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Serve in a bowl with a scoop of guac or your favorite non dairy dressing!