This vegan oatmeal recipe spices up classic oatmeal by adding in healthy ingredients to add an extra punch of breakfast goodness. The chia seeds are tiny but mighty and add more fiber and protein to the oatmeal. The banana gives a “caffeine” boosts and gives you extra energy to start your morning!
Try this plant based oatmeal breakfast when you need a hearty breakfast to keep you fueled for a busy day.
Banana Chia Oatmeal
- 1 banana
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- A dash of salt
- A dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or preferred dairy free milk alternative)
- Add oats, salt and cinnamon in saucepan for stove and mix.
- Add in thinly sliced banana and chia seeds
- Start heat on low and add in water, mix for about 1 minute.
- Add in almond milk (or preferred dairy free milk), put heat to medium, and stir constantly until oats soak up liquid.
- Take oats off of heat and add in peanut butter, stir everything together then place in bowl.
- Top with favorite goodies such as mango, extra banana, maple syrup, extra peanut butter, berries, etc.