I like using bananas that are full ripe to get a great banana taste, plus they smash easier. But if you like less banana taste, go for unripe bananas.
Try them warm from the oven! They taste like banana oat bread – but without the extensive baking time, sugar or flour.
Banana Oat On the Go Breakfast BarsCourse: Breakfast, Snacks
Easy on the go granola bar have no oil or refined sugar!
3 ripe bananas smashed
2 cups rolled oats (gluten free if needed)
2 Tblsp ground flax seeds
2 Tblsp Almond Butter*
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
¼ tsp salt
½ t. cinnamon
¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
additional stir – ins: chopped pitted dates, nuts and/or raisins.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 11×7 pan for baking.
- In large bowl, smash your bananas to a smooth consistency with a potato masher.
- Add in your rolled oats (gluten free if needed) and ground flax seeds. Add, almond butter and applesauce and stir really well. Next add in your cinnamon and salt. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Let sit for 10 min so all ingredients can absorb the oats. Spread in 11×7 pan. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Eat warm! Or let cool, cut up and store in refrigerator (because of the bananas) Eat within 5 – 7 days.
- *or your favorite nut or sun butter.