This is Bean, Vegetable and Basil dish I make only in the winter. Do you have those types of casserole dishes? Every time I make it, I literally have the thought to make it more often! But then you know how time goes. (hint, the answer is fast) And months will go by and seasons, and the recipe gets long forgotten at the bottom of the recipe folder.
A Plant Based Vegetable Bake Perfect for Winter
Comfort Food Season in Michigan (is almost year round!)
Bean, Vegetable and Basil Bake [Gluten – Free]Course: Main
Full of flavor this comforting casserole is healthy for you and full of veggies!
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes (not oil packed)
1 large white onion, chopped
1 large red pepper, chopped
1 large zucchini, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tblsp. basil paste, or fresh basil chopped
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 – 15 oz. can quartered artichoke hearts
13-15 oz. cannellini (white kidney beans), rinsed and drained
4 cups loosely packed fresh spinach
1/2 cup crushed Tomato Basil Lentil Crisps
3 Tblsp Soft Vegan Cheese, optional*
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Spray 1.5 quart casserole dish with non stick spray.
- Put sun dried tomatoes and enough hot water to cover them in a bowl. Let stand for about 10 minutes in hot water. Drain and chop.
- Spray skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, zucchini, artichoke, salt and red pepper flakes. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender, about 6 – 8 minutes.
- Stir in basil.
- Add spinach in batches until wilted.
- Add beans and tomatoes and optional cheese.
- Spoon into baking dish, bake until hot 25 minutes.
- *I used this recipe from It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken