Why Bourbon Maple Glazed Green Beans are Perfect for the Holidays
Why Maple and Bourbon Compliment Green Beans to Perfection
Maple and bourbon combine for an amazing sweet glaze. Cranberries add a nice color and sweet onion adds a richness.
So go ahead and dress to impress your table with this side dish this holiday season!
This dish would go great with our Vegan lemon butter whole roasted cauliflower!
If you make this, we would love to know, tag @badtothebowl on social media!
Bourbon Maple Glazed Green BeansCourse: Sides
Easy side dish makes this oil free green bean dish the star of the show!
3 cups green beans
1 cup diced sweet onion
1 garlic clove, minced
4 Tblsp pure maple syrup
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 Tblsp bourbon
3 Tblsp dried cranberries
coconut bacon or sliced almonds, optional
- Prepare green beans by steaming slightly, drain.
- While green beans steam, place diced onion and garlic clove in skillet.
- Sauté 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add your drained green beans, stir to combine.
- Add in syrup, salt, pepper and bourbon.
- Stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and toss with dried cranberries (and optional coconut bacon/almonds).