Broccoli sweet potato buddha bowl is a delicious plant based bowl that you need to have for dinner tonight!
Ingredients in Broccoli Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl
This recipe came about as I looked at the ingredients in my fridge and thought ‘now what can I make with these?’. I swear I menu plan but sometimes life gets busy and things have to switch up for our plant based dinner at the last minute. It happens!
That is why I love this easy broccoli sweet potato buddha bowl or even any buddha bowl for that reason! They are so easy to throw together for an easy vegan dinner using what you have on hand. This plant based buddha bowl has:
- Fresh Broccoli
- Sweet Potatoes
- Summer Squash
- Sliced Mushrooms
- Roasted Chickpeas
- Spiced Quinoa
- Sunflower butter hummus
And of course fresh greens! I love how a big buddha bowl fills me up and is so tasty! I could eat a buddha bowl for dinner every night.
How to Make this Plant Based Buddha Bowl
Again this is the shining glory of any buddha bowl! They are very easy to put together depending of course on how fancy you get with your bowl. If you plan to use a special buddha bowl sauce, pesto or something else, I really recommend you meal prep those! You could even chop your vegetables and pre-cook your grain as well.
For this buddha bowl I had already prepped the sunflower butter hummus and spiced quinoa. I also had already chopped the vegetables for roasting. When it was time for dinner, all I had to do was roast the vegetables, roast the chickpeas and then put it all together! So EASY!
Serving and Storing Your Vegan Vegetable Bowl
This bowl is best fresh! I love to get a huge bowl and pile it with fresh greens. Then I top it with my roasted vegetables, spiced quinoa and chickpeas. Last I drizzle on the sunbutter hummus for additional flavor. I really do think a plant based bowl of vegetables is my absolute favorite.
Leftovers of this plant based bowl can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 – 5 days. I do not recommend freezing leftover vegetables, but you could freeze the chickpeas and quinoa.
If you make this buddha bowl, I would love to know! Leave a rating and review here and then tag me on social media @badtothebowl
Broccoli Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl
Roasted Broccoli and Sweet Potato
- 1 head of broccoli , broke into small florets
- 1 sweet potato , diced small
- 1 summer squash , sliced
- 1 orange pepper , sliced
- 1 red onion , sliced
- 1 8 oz baby bella mushrooms , sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prepare Veggies. Cut Broccoli into florets, peel and dice sweet potato. Slice summer squash, red onion and pepper.
- Combine all veggies in large bowl and add in spices. Let marinate for a few hours if possible. (if you are meal prepping, place in sealable container and store in fridge).
- Roast veggies on baking sheet at 425 degrees for 30-45 minutes stirring after 20 minutes. The total amount of roasting time will depend on your level of likeness for softer or firmer veggies. *Tip: Line your baking sheet with parchment paper or for easy clean up!
- When veggies are done, assemble your bowl with fresh greens, roasted veggies, cooked spiced quinoa blend, chickpeas and then drizzle with sunbutter flower hummus.