It’s that time of year when the days seems shorter and dinner seems to come faster. That is why I love sheet pan meals like this Brussels Sprout, Sweet Potato and Chickpea Sheet Pan Dinner! They are easy to prep and easy to make. Plus with less dishes, this means I can get back to being cozy under a blanket while Netflix binging.
Ingredients in Brussels Sprout, Sweet Potato and Chickpea Sheet Pan Dinner
I am in love with my sheet pan right now. One pan and easy peasy, we are done with dinner! There are so many combinations for sheet pan dinners and roasted vegetables in the wintertime/ I think you could seriously, take any of our grilling recipes and turn it into a sheet pan dinner. Sheet pan dinners are easy, customizable and a great dinner solution for busy weeknights.
Here are the ingredients you will need for this sheet pan dinner:
- Brussels Sprouts
- Sweet Potatoes
- Portobello Mushroom
- Red Onion
- Maple Syrup
- Liquid Smoke
- Amino Acids
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Garlic Clove
I love sheet pan dinners because you can just put it on the pan and roast the dinner in the oven until done!
How to Make this Vegan Sheet Pan Supper
This vegan sheet pan supper will fill you up with it’s combination of brussels sprout, sweet potato, portobello mushroom, red onion, and chickpeas. The veggies are tossed with a smokey, sweet marinade that gives them amazing taste! They are then topped with some creamy avocado and lime, seriously, this dinner has amazing taste.
First, you need to chop your brussels sprouts, portobello and red onion. Next, marinate your vegetables. I marinated my brussels sprouts, mushroom and red onion in the marinade for 30 minutes. This gave me time to go ahead and chop my sweet potato, rinse my can of chickpeas and prep my pan for the oven. The marinade is super easy with liquid smoke, maple syrup, amino acids and minced garlic. Liquid smoke is found in the same aisle along with your BBQ sauces at the grocery store. It is a fantastic way to give your dishes a ‘smokey’ taste.
After your veggies are marinated you can assemble your sheet pan! If you want to make your vegetable sheet pan ‘pretty’ arrange your veggies by group or just toss them all on the pan (what I do usually). Make sure you add your chickpeas and sweet potato!
Now you are ready to roast your plant based vegetable dinner!
How to Serve Your Plant Based Sheet Pan Dinner
After roasting serve your vegetables in a bowl with creamy avocado and a squeeze of lime. You could make this a salad bowl by adding fresh greens and using the delicious apple cider vinegar dressing found in the show notes – that makes these veggies outstanding!
Alternately, you could serve this with some mashed cauliflower or add some cooked quinoa to increase the protein.
If you make this dish, we would love to know! Tag @badtothebowl when you post your picture and we can share in the delicious fun with you.
Brussels Sprout, Sweet Potato and Chickpea Sheet Pan DinnerCourse: Main
One pan dinner makes mealtime a breeze!
1 lb brussels sprouts, halved
1 large portobello mushroom sliced
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 large sweet potato, cut into small chunks
1, 15 oz. can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
3-4 Tblsp pure maple syrup
2 Tblsp amino acids*
1 Tblsp liquid smoke
1 garlic clove, minced
pinch of crushed red pepper
pinch of salt and pepper
1/2 lime, juiced
1/2 avocado, sliced
- Prep a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Lightly spray foil with cooking spray so your vegetables don’t stick while roasting.
- Add brussels sprouts, mushroom and red onion to a sealable bag with maple syrup, amino acids, liquid smoke, garlic clove, red pepper, salt and pepper.
- Let vegetables marinade for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Chop sweet potato and lay out evenly on baking sheet.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Lay evenly on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle both sweet potato and chickpeas lightly with salt.
- Drain the veggies that you marinated and lay out on baking sheet evenly.*you may want to save the marinade and use as a dipping sauce or for a drizzle!
- Roast in oven for 40 minutes. Check at 20 minutes, stir veggies so they cook evenly and cook for another 20 – 25 minutes more or until done. Mine were done around 45 minutes, but my oven is a propane / gas oven. Your oven may cookn differently.
- After roasting, squeeze 1/2 lime over the brussels sprout mixture in the pan.
- Place in bowl, top with avocado slices and enjoy!
- Want to make this super fab? Use the Apple Cider Tahini dressing from Flora and Vino top it all off in your bowl!
- *You could sub soy sauce or tamari.