Candied Eggnog PopcornCourse: Dessert
Candied eggnog popcorn is crunchy and sweet! All the eggnog taste – Dairy free!
12 cups air popped popcorn
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 cup granulated sugar (vegan approved brand)
1/3 cup agave nectar
3 Tblsp water
1 t. white vinegar
3/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp nutmeg
3/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Place air popped popcorn in large bowl and line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine coconut oil, sugar, agave nectar, water, vinegar, salt and nutmeg in small saucepan on stove.
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Continue to boil for 5 – 6 minutes until a candy thermometer reads 260 degrees.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in vanilla and baking soda. Mixture will bubble.
- Immediately pour over your popcorn that you placed in the large bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour onto parchment lined paper baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes stirring every 15 minutes.