This chocolate – kissed peanut butter pie is decadent and full of delicious peanut butter and chocolate tastes. It contains no refined sugar, is naturally gluten free and is completely dairy free!
The Plant Protein Revolution Cookbook
I love that at the beginning of this cookbook it addresses the protein myth! This book aligns with my thinking about protein and plants and I LOVE THAT it is helping shatter the myth that you cannot get enough protein on a plant based diet. That myth has been debunked over and over again…we even had a whole episode on the podcast about the top 10 vegetables that contain protein, listen here.
This new cookbook contains 100 plant protein packed recipes including appetizers, snacks, vegan dinner options and plant based desserts!
Recipes that I want to eat right now from this plant based cookbook:
- Everything Cheesy Wheel
- Greek Goddess Niçoise Salad
- Tortilla Soup with Pinto Beans and Tempeh
- Chili-Cheesy Baked Potatoes
- Potato and Bacon Breakfast Burritos
- More of the pie in this recipe!
Ingredients in Protein Packed Chocolate – Kissed Peanut Butter Pie
This vegan pie is easy to make and our whole family, including the kids, loved it! My daughter is actually the one who picked out this recipe to make from the cookbook. I am so glad she did!
I love that this protein packed pie is ‘heathier’ and contains no refined sugar! It is also dairy free yet retains all the creaminess from silken tofu. The crust is made with almond flour which means this pie is gluten free as well.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make chocolate – kissed peanut butter pie:
- Silken Tofu
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Almond Flour
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Natural Peanut Butter
- Vegan Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Vegan Dark Chocolate Chips
- Pure Vanilla Extract
This decadent pie is full of classic chocolate and peanut butter flavor!
How to Make Chocolate-Kissed Peanut Butter Pie
For this amazing no bake pie you will need a few kitchen utensils including:
- Food Processor
- Springform Pan
- Microwave Safe Bowl (or double boiler for stovetop)
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
First you will need to make your almond flour chocolate crust in the food processor. Next, put together your soft and creamy filling. You can use the food processor for making both the crust and the filling! Last you will put your pie in the refrigerator or freezer to firm into a fudgy texture. I put mine in the freezer and it was ready in less than four hours.
After your pie obtains a firm texture, melt your remaining chocolate and drizzle it over the pie and sprinkle with crushed peanuts! My whole family loved this pie and my kids did not even know it was made from tofu!
Directions to Store Your Chocolate Pie
This pie can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer. If storing in the refrigerator, store for up to 3 days. In the freezer this pie can be stored safely for up to 3 months!
We stored our vegan chocolate pie in the freezer and then let it thaw slightly before eating. Since this pie is packed with plant based protein it is very filling! A small slice goes a long way.
I hope you get a chance to make this decadent chocolate – kissed pie! It is a rich, delicious and a healthy treat!
If you make this pie, tag @badtothebowl on social media.
Chocolate-Kissed Peanut Butter Pie (The Plant Protein Revolution Cookbook)
- 1 1/2 cups (129 g)
- 1/4 cup (22 g)
- 1/4 cup (80 g)
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) neutral-tasting vegetable oil, such as avocado oil , plus more as needed
- 1 cup (175 g)
- 1 (12-ounce [340 g]) package firm silken tofu, drained
- 1 cup (260 g)
- 1/3 cup (106 g)
- 1 tablespoon (5 g)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (88 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon neutral-tasting vegetable oil, such as avocado oil
- 1/4 cup (36 g) crushed unsalted dry roasted Peanuts
- Line a 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan with parchment paper.
- To make the crust, in a food processor, combine the flour, cocoa powder, maple syrup, and oil. Blend until crumbly and well mixed. If the mixture doesn’t hold together when pinched between your fingers, add up to 1 tablespoon (15 ml) additional oil. Use your fingers to press the mixture evenly into the bottom and about halfway up the sides of the pan. Place the pan in the freezer while you make the filling.
- To make the filling, combine all the filling ingredients in a food processor and blend until completely smooth. Pour the filling into the prepared crust and refrigerate or freeze for 4 hours, or until firm.
- To make the drizzle, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and oil. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. If not completely melted, microwave again for 10 seconds at a time until melted. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of the pie and sprinkle with the crushed peanuts. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.