Ever have one of those meals that while you are prepping it you are also daydreaming this scenario:
- Super healthy
- Loads of veggies
- Chili lime walnuts (need I say more)
- Southwest flair
- Cilantro Lime
Cilantro Lime Kale Salad
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2-3 teaspoons jalapeno , finely diced
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch of pepper
Chili Lime Walnuts
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- pinch of salt
- 1 bunch curly kale
- 1 red bell pepper , thinly sliced
- 1 jicama , thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion , thinly sliced
- 1/2 sweet onion , thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup corn , fresh or thawed frozen
- 1/4 cup black beans , cooked
- 1 cup baby beets , cooked and sliced
- splash Soy sauce, tamari or amino acids , to taste
- shake taco seasoning , to taste
- De stem kale and put in large bowl.
- Make cilantro lime vinaigrette by combining oil, lime, red wine vinegar, loose cilantro, jalapeño, garlic clove, salt, cumin and pepper in blender and blend until combined.
- Make chili lime walnuts. Toast walnuts. Heat oven to 350 degrees, spread walnuts on baking pan covered with parchment paper and toast lightly in oven for 5 – 7 min. (keep any eye on them so they don’t burn). While walnuts toast, combine your dry ingredients: brown sugar, chili powder, smoked paprika and salt in small bowl. Mix together. Combine your liquid ingredients: syrup, lime, oil and water in small saucepan. Bring saucepan to boil. Take cooled walnuts and stir into liquid – stir until liquid is gone and evaporated into walnuts. Remove from heat and stir in dry ingredients. Layout to cool on your parchment paper.
- Sautè pepper and onion veggies in pan over medium heat. (you could add oil or water sautè them). As they near getting done, add a splash of soy sauce and stir in your beans / corn. Let this cook for a few minutes then stir in your seasoning spice. Remove from stove.
- Combine kale, veggies and sliced beets in bowl. Add your chili lime walnuts! Top with additional toppings like: tortilla chips, salsa and guacamole.