After being at a race track in the 90 degree heat a few Saturdays ago, I knew that something cold would be in order for putting on the table for dinner!
Cilantro Thai Kale Salad with Pickled OnionsCourse: Salads
- De-stem kale, chop and place in large bowl. The success to kale is to marinate in advance! I like to do this the day before.
- Make dressing – found here substitute 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro for the basil
- Massage 1/2 of the dressing on your chopped kale. (save the rest for another use!) and refrigerate kale up to 24 hours.
- If you don’t have any Smokey black bean beet burgers on hand, make these now! Find recipe here.
- If you need to make your pickled red onion. Find recipe here.
- Chop veggies, season with garlic cloves, garlic salt and whatever seasoning you like. (I love McCormick’s Perfect Pinch Vegetable Seasoning Blend) and then grill over med-high heat until done.
- Assemble your bowl with kale, burger, pickled onion and grilled veggies!