Add in ideas include blueberries (pictured), mini chocolate chips, nuts or raisins.
Cinnamon Cucumber Muffins (Vegan)Course: Breakfast
Cucumber muffins are moist and delicious for breakfast or snack!
1 1/2 cup shredded cucumbers, peeled and de-seeded
1 flax egg*
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup white wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
optional add-ins: fresh or frozen blueberries, nuts, raisins, mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray or liners.
- Make flax egg in small bowl (see below for link to flax egg instructions) in small bowl.
- Peel, de-seed and shred cucumber – I like to pulse pieces in my food processor, just be careful it doesn’t get to shredded or it will be watery.
- Cream sugar, oil and vanilla extract in mixing bowl.
- Gently fold in flax egg and shredded cucumber.
- In large bowl, gently mix together flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Fold in flour mixture to liquid mixture and stir until just combined.
- Gently stir in additional add in options if using.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Check with a toothpick after 25 minutes. If toothpick comes out clean, remove from oven to baking racks to cool. Let sit in muffin pan for 5 – 7 minutes first, then remove from pan to cool on baking racks.
- Store in refrigerator.
- *I like this flax egg recipe from Minimalist Baker