Grain free granola that is full of protein and is perfect for a vegan, paleo-friendly snack or breakfast!
Ingredients in Cinnamon Walnut Grain Free Granola
I had never made a grain free granola (or even purchased one) until my recipe collaboration with Stephanie at Fit Fab Life. I partnered with Stephanie for vegan recipe development for her nutrition program, be sure to check out the Broccoli Chickpea Spaghetti Squash and Savory Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl!
I had been intrigued by the grain free obsession in the health and fitness world ever since our Grain Free Baking recipe round up a few months ago! I have a slight intolerance to seeds and nuts, though, so I had never examined the world of grain free baking too closely.
But with the partnership at Fit Fab Life, I really wanted to create a grain free granola as I love CRUNCHY things. Just check out these other not grain free granolas: Vanilla Almond Butter Protein Granola and Pecan Pie Granola (Oil Free + Gluten Free). This granola is now my new favorite! It is grain free and SO GOOD! I enjoyed this in small amounts so it did not upset my stomach.
Here are the ingredients you will need for this grain free granola:
- Chopped Walnuts
- Sliced Almonds
- Sunflower Seeds
- Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- Hemp Seeds
- Coconut Oil
- Almond Butter
- Vanilla Extract
- Orange Zest
And while yes, you will be using a long list of ingredients, this means once you stock up you can make this over and over again!
How to Make Grain Free Granola
This easy granola is baked in the oven and so easy to make! All you need is a little time for the baking. I like to pop it in the oven while I am getting other meal prep done.
First, you will place all your nuts and seeds in a large bowl. Next, you will need to put together the ‘wet’ ingredients. Once that is done, combine the two and you are ready to bake!
I bake this on a pan covered in parchment paper or a silpat map for easy clean up!
Healthy Fats, Gluten Free, You Will Love this Grain Free Granola!
This granola is packed with whole foods that contain powerful vitamins and minerals that we need! This granola also contains hemp seeds which are a considered a complete plant based protein – yeah!
I loved having this grain free granola sprinkled on my gluten free oatmeal as well as just eating as a snack. This grain free granola also contains no added sugar and IMO it doesn’t need any! The orange zest, almond butter and spices give it enough taste without sugar.
I used coconut oil in this recipe, and did not test it oil free.
This recipe stores well in tightly covered container in the cupboard for a few weeks.
If you make this recipe, I would love to know tag @badtothebowl on social media.
Cinnamon Walnut Grain Free GranolaCourse: Vegan
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 tablespoons hemp seeds
½ tblsp coconut oil, melted
1/8 cup creamy almond butter
1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 tablespoon orange zest from 1 orange
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 275ºF and line a large baking sheet (or 2, if they’re smaller) with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, flaked coconut, and chia seeds.
- In a small pan on stove, stir coconut oil, almond butter, vanilla extract, orange zest, cinnamon, cinnamon and nutmeg and sea salt. Heat and stir until melted together
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and stir until all the dry ingredients are coated. Spread the granola mixture into an even layer on the prepared baking sheet(s).
- Bake for 50 minutes to an hour, turning the pan every 20 minutes and mixing to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Remove from the oven and press down slightly to help form clusters, and then let cool completely without disturbing to help the clumps form.
Store in a sealed container or bag at room temperature for about a month. (I find it best to store in the cupboard away from heat)