Fresh seasonal ingredients in a creamy dairy free sauce with savory herbs, this creamy cucumber, tomato and corn salad will become your go to summer salad!
Ingredients in Creamy Cucumber, Tomato and Corn Salad
This salad is made best with fresh seasonal ingredients just like with this corn and cucumber picnic salad! Fresh from the garden cucumber, sun ripened tomatoes and farm stand sweet corn make this cold summer salad shine. Fresh herbs add another layer of flavor. I opted for fresh parsley, but dried dill. You could use fresh herbs for both herbs – but adjust accordingly. Usually, one teaspoon of a dried herb equals 1 tablespoon of a fresh herb.
I have made this salad with both chickpeas and butter beans. I currently LOVE butter beans, but if garbanzo beans are more your style, those are equally as good. Here are the rest of the ingredients you will need:
- Butter Beans
- Sweet Corn
- Red Onion
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Lemon Juice
- Vegan Sour Cream
Just writing out this list makes me hungry for this dairy free creamy salad!
How to Make Dairy Free Cucumber, Tomato and Corn Salad
This is a very easy salad to make! Most ingredients you use will be raw, but I do like to use leftover cooked corn. Cooked corn unlocks corns natural sweetness and sugar which pair well with the tangy vegan sour cream.
For this creamy cucumber, tomato and corn salad, I like to make the vegan sour cream first. I use our homemade vegan sour cream from our creamy cucumber salsa recipe. The vegan sour cream is very easy to make and takes only a few minutes in the blender. There are many store brands on the market right now, I have not tested those in this salad, but you could certainly try and let me know how they taste!
Next, I chop my vegetables. I like to peel and deseed my cucumber. Deseeding your cucumber is important as cucumber seeds will add excess water to this recipe and then your salad will be a watery mess! Chop your fresh parsley. I have used both flat leaf and curly parsley in this recipe just depending on what my store has available.
Drain and rinse your white bean of choice. I have used both chickpeas and butter beans in this recipe! Both turn out great.
Add all your ingredients to a medium sized serving bowl and toss together lightly to incorporate your ingredients.
How to Serve Dairy Free Cucumber Salad
This is a great salad for a picnic or BBQ! I love serving this with grilled tofu or vegetable skewers.
This salad is best ate fresh but will keep for 3 – 4 days in the refrigerator. Cucumbers have a high water content so the salad may get slightly watery the longer it sits in the fridge. I would not recommend freezing this salad but it will make a great vegan make ahead lunch option.
If you make this plant based creamy cucumber salad, I would love to know! Tag @badtothebowl on social media.
Creamy Cucumber, Tomato and Corn Salad
- 1 1/2 cups butter beans , cooked, rinsed and drain
- 1 cup corn kernels , fresh or frozen
- 1 1/2 cucumber , de-seeded, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1/2 cup red onion , diced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley , minced
- 1/2 cup dairy free sour cream , homemade or store bought
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice , freshly squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- Place chickpeas, corn, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red onion and parsley in large bowl. Stir gently to combine.
- Whisk vegan sour cream, lemon juice, salt and dill in small bowl.
- Pour over ingredients in your large bowl. Stir gently to combine.
- Chill in fridge or serve immediately.
- Butter beans: this is one 15 oz. can
- Chickpeas or white bean of choice can be used
- You can also use 2 ears of corn, cooked and kernels removed from husk