These creamy orange creamsicle overnight oats are reminiscent of the vanilla and orange creamsicles you had as a kid but you can eat them for breakfast and they are healthy too!
Ingredients in Orange Creamsicle Overnight Oats
These overnight orange creamsicle oats are easy to make! I never really liked oatmeal until I started making overnight oats.
Overnight oats are simple to prepare and require no cooking! The oats soak up the liquid overnight in the fridge and you have breakfast ready to go for you in the morning. I love how overnight oats retain their oat shape, it’s a nice change from oatmeal which is more mushy.
There are many variations of overnight oats you can make! You can keep them simple and only use oats and plant based milk or you can jazz them up with fresh OJ and vanilla like we did with these orange creamsicle oats!
I love our pumpkin + pb overnight oats recipe during the fall and winter months. Seriously, overnight oat options are endless! Here are the ingredients you will need for these orange creamsicle inspire oats:
- Old Fashioned Rolled Oats (gluten free rolled oats if needed)
- Plant Based Milk
- Dairy Free Yogurt
- Fresh Orange Juice
- Vanilla Extract
- Maple Syrup
Some notes on the ingredients:
1) Do not use quick oats! Rolled oats are best for this recipe.
2) The maple syrup is optional, I have made this recipe with and without syrup.
3) Fresh squeezed orange juice tastes better and is less sugary!
4) I love to use vanilla dairy free yogurt to really get that ‘creamsicle’ taste.
Most of the ingredients in overnight oats you probably already have in your refrigerator!
How to Make Orange Creamsicle Overnight Oats
Overnight oats do need to be meal prepped! I love to make these as I am cleaning up dinner while the kitchen is already messy. After making them, pop them in the fridge and in the morning you will have breakfast ready to go! If you double your overnight oat recipe, you can also have breakfast for a few days. This oat recipe can stay fresh for up to 3-4 days in the refridgerator.
Overnight oats are SO simple to make. To make these oats all you need to do is layer all the ingredients in a mason jar (or bowl) and then stir or shake to combine. I sometimes do both!
Really it’s that simple to make overnight oats!
How to Serve Overnight Oats
The great thing about overnight oats is you can serve them warm or cold! You can eat them right out of the fridge and in this case to really get that creamsicle vibe, you might want to do that! OR you can warm them up slightly before eating.
I love to add some crunchy toppings on the top of my creamsicle overnight oats and this includes:
Other yummy toppings for overnight oats are fresh berries, frozen berries or in this case sliced orange pieces!
If you make this recipe for orange creamsicle overnight oats, I would love to know! Tag @badtothebowl on social media.
Creamy Orange Creamsicle Overnight Oats
- 1 1/8 cup Old Fashioned Oats (I used )
- 1/4 cup vanilla plant based yogurt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup fresh squeeze orange juice
- 1 Tblsp pure maple syrup
- 1 – 2 tsp orange zest (depending how orange tasting you want it, I used 1 tsp)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- *optional 1/4 tsp orange zest
- Place all ingredients in pint size wide mouthed mason jar, top with lid and give it a lot of really good shakes to combine all the ingredients! You could also stir them together – but I prefer shaking!
- Place in fridge overnight.
- Enjoy the next day with your favorite toppings.