I could eat this Creamy Cashew Chipotle Sauce with a spoon. Actually, I did do that! This sauce is creamy, spicy and perfect for your next taco bowl, burrito or quesadilla. If you are adventurous, it would be even great with gluten free pasta or rice!
Easy To Make Creamy Chipotle Sauce
If you have leftover chipotle peppers in your refrigerator, you need to make this dairy free sauce. It only has 6 main ingredients and can be made in mere minutes.
This spicy southwest sauce has cashews which will need to be soaked, unless you have a high powered blender. I soaked mine overnight. Soaking them overnight ensures your cashews will blend easily producing a creamy sauce. The last thing you want in this spicy sauce is cashew nut chunks!
Here are the main ingredients you will need to make this easy plant based sauce!
To make this extra spicy, you can leave the seeds in your chipotle peppers; I removed mine so this sauce would be mildly spicy. I love that chipotle peppers give you a nice after taste explosion of smokey taste that leaves your tastebuds dancing! Since you will only need 2 – 3 chipotle peppers in this recipe, I recommend freezing them to use later! Speaking of freezing, this leftover chipotle cashew cream can be frozen and used later.
How to Serve Creamy Cashew Chipotle
This sauce is the perfect accompaniment to your next taco bowl! It’s thick and creamy and will add loads of flavor. Also try this sauce on top of or in these favorite southwest foods:
Or any favorite taco recipes! Check out our favorite 18 taco recipes here.
This sauce would also be great paired with gluten free pasta or your favorite rice! If you make this creamy cashew chipotle sauce, tag @badtothebowl.com
Creamy Cashew Chipotle SauceCourse: SauceCuisine: SouthwestDifficulty: Easy
Thick and creamy, this dairy free chipotle sauce is perfect for adding a southwest flair to any dinner entree.
- If you do not have a high powered blender, soak cashews in filtered water overnight. Drain and rinse well.
- Blend 1/4 cup water with cashews and pinch of salt in a. blender until smooth. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides of the blender a few times to get all the cashews blended. You do not want any cashew chunks!
- Add chipotle peppers with adobe sauce, lime juice, cumin, and maple syrup. Blend well until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Taste and add additional salt if needed.
- *I removed my seeds, if you can handle the heat, you might want to leave them in!