I was not sure..but it did make me want to go in the kitchen and put this theory to the test!
What I do know is that butter beans can be roasted and they are delicious.
And easy. I love when those two thing happen!
In fact, the first time I roasted these, I had them sitting on the stove to cool down. My husband walked in and asked what they were because he thought it was shredded chicken! When I laughed and told him no, he responded that he had thought it funny I was making shredded chicken!
Perhaps I should’ve called these roasted butter beans shredded beans?
YES to all of the above! They do not contain any butter and they are naturally gluten free. Like all beans, butter beans are full of protein and fiber. They are also low – fat and contain iron, zinc and magnesium.
So how do you eat butter beans? While they are very delicious right out of the oven roasted, I love to meal prep them and then eat them in a bowl! This bowl features fresh greens, fresh tomato slices, grilled vegetables, asparagus and avocado slices! How will you eat your roasted butter beans?
Easy Roasted Butter BeansCourse: Sides
Easy roasted butter beans are great to add to a bowl or snack on!
1 – 13.4 box Low Sodium Butter Beans*
1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line 9×13 rimmed baking sheet with foil (or parchment paper or silicone baking mat) lightly spray with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Drain and lightly rinse beans.
- Spread on prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Roast in oven 20-25 minutes, stirring with spatula after 10 minutes.
- this is the brand I love (not sponsored). Use any of your favorite store brands!