This recipe goes out to Addie @thehealthynoms on Instagram! She posted these cute fruity mini doughnuts and I knew I had to make them for my family, especially my daughter who loves Fruity Crisps!
I do not have a doughnut pan (I know its very surprising considering my love of kitchen gadgets, but rest assured it’s on the Amazon wish list!) but I do have lots of muffin pans – so I adapted the recipe to be mini muffins!
Still moist. Still yummy. Still oh so cute.
Addie’s recipe originally called for lime zest, but I wasn’t sure my kids would go for that – so after consulting with Addie, she suggested substituting orange zest, which turned out fabulous!
Try these delicious treats muffin style or donut style! Your inner kid will be smiling.
If you make these Fruity Crisps mini muffins we would love to know, tag @badtothebowl on social media.
Fruity Crisps Mini Muffins
No matter the age, fruity crisps mini muffins will make you smile!
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 flax egg
- 1 banana mashed
- 1 Tblsp orange zest
- 1 tsp plus pinch of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Unsweetened vanilla dairy free milk
- splash of lemon or orange juice
- fruity crisps cereal
- Cream together sugar, flax egg, oil and banana. Stir in remaining ingredients. Except icing/glaze ingredients.
- Pour into prepared mini muffin pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Cool for about 5 minutes in pan. Remove to wire rack and cool completely.
- For icing/glaze: In small bowl, add powdered sugar. Add dairy free milk a few teaspoons at a time (you don’t want it too runny or too thick). Add splash of lemon or orange juice.
- Top muffins with icing/glaze and sprinkle fruity crips on!