Spicy, grilled chipotle cauliflower combined with sweet fresh mango salsa, is the perfect summer meal! This grilled chipotle cauliflower taco bowl with mango salsa has been on repeat in our kitchen and once you make it for your dinner I am confident you will be making it over and over again too!
How to Make Grilled Chipotle Cauliflower Taco Bowl with Mango Salsa
This bowl may seem like it has a lot of ingredients and spices, but I assure you it comes together quickly! Many of the spices you probably already have on hand in your spice cabinet:
- Chipotle Chili Pepper
- Smoked Paprika
If you don’t have these on hand, now would be a good time to purchase them! I love using both chipotle chili pepper and smoked paprika in vegan side dishes to really bring out the flavor of vegetables or beans.
While you can use any vegetable of choice, a cruciferous vegetable, like cauliflower will really ‘soak’ up the seasoning! You could also substitute broccoli for cauliflower. I love grilled radishes but you could omit those if you prefer! Sliced portobello mushrooms would be a great addition. Here are the vegetables I grilled in this vegan recipe:
- Fresh Corn
- Red Pepper
- Red Onion
To make this recipe, I would prepare your vegetables first so the seasoning really has time to marinate your veggies! While your vegetables marinate, prepare your mango salsa. I really love to let both my vegetables and mango salsa marinate for a few hours to maximize flavor, but if you are short on time, refrigerate your vegetables while preparing your mango salsa, then let your mango salsa marinate in the refrigerator while you grill your vegetables!
After your vegetables are grilled, serve with mango salsa for a spicy sweet combination!
How to Serve Grilled Cauliflower with Mango Salsa
This taco bowl is best served fresh. I like to serve it immediately after I take the vegetables off the grill.
To complete this taco bowl, I serve the cauliflower chipotle vegetables and mango salsa atop a bowl of fresh greens. I love to add protein such as black beans, pinto beans are also a great choice!
If you have leftovers, refrigerate them and they are best ate within 4 days.
If you make this grilled taco bowl, I would love to know! Tag @badtothebowl on social media.
Grilled Chipotle Cauli Taco Bowl with Mango SalsaCourse: Main
Grilled chipotle spiced vegetables with a sweet and spicy mango salsa.
- Grilled Cauliflower Chipotle Veggies
4 Cups fresh Cauliflower Florets
1 Ear of Corn, shucked and broke into 2 – 3 pieces
1 Red Onion, sliced*
1 Red Pepper, sliced*
10 Radishes, halved
1/2 Jalapeño deseeded and sliced*
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 tblsp lime juice
1 t garlic minced
1 t. salt
1 t. cumin
1/4 t. garlic pepper
1/4 t. oregano
1/4 t. smoked paprika
- Mango Salsa
1/2 a mango, peeled and diced
1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup red pepper, finely chopped
1/2 of a jalapeño, minced
2 Tblsp chopped cilantro
1 Tblsp lime juice
1/4 t cumin
1/8 t salt
pinch of pepper
- Optional Items for a Complete Taco Bowl
Black or pinto beans
Fresh Salad Greens
- For Veggies: Combine all veggies, cilantro, lime juice and garlic with spices in a large bowl or reusable bag (my favorite option as you can shake them around to distribute evenly) and mix well. Marinate for 30 minutes to a few hours.
- Pre-heat grill to medium heat. Spray grill pan with cooking spray. Put veggies on grill pan and grill until desired amount of tenderness (be sure to stir often so veggies on the bottom don’t burn). I find it takes 30 – 40 minutes.
- For Mango Salsa: Combine all remaining ingredients in small dish and mix well. I love to let this sit in the fridge for a few hours so all the flavors really combine!
- Enjoy over a bowl of fresh salad greens with black or pinto beans! Especially good with our creamy guac and simple tortilla chips.
- Refrigerate leftovers, best ate within 3 – 4 days.
- *Since you only need a small amount of onion and red pepper for the salsa, use the rest for grilling.
- I love this combination of veggies, but you might just want to use different ones! Broccoli, portobello mushrooms and zucchini would be nice swaps!