How you doing on this unofficial kickoff to summer weekend?
Grilled Corn and Quesadilla BowlCourse: Salads, Main
1 piece of corn, broke into 3 small pieces
1 jalapeño, sliced into 3 slices
1/2 red onion, sliced
1 small head of broccoli, broke into florets
1 red pepper, sliced
1 portobello mushroom, sliced into 4 – 5 pieces
2 Tblsp vegetable broth
1 Tblsp amino liquids (or low sodium tamari)
1 Tblsp lime juice
1 tsp siriachi
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp to chipotle chili pepper*
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
2 soft flour tortillas (I used gluten free)
1/4 cup cooked black beans
1/2 cup cooked sweet potato
2 Tblsp favorite salsa
garlic salt to taste
- Prepare vegetables and place in large bowl or bag. Prepare marinade and pour over vegetables. Let marinate 3 – 24 hours to really soak in flavors!
- Prepare grill for medium heat. Place vegetables in a grill basket and grill until tender (30 minutes or so, depending on how thick you cut your vegetables)
- While vegetables are grilling, prepare quesadillas. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all quesadilla filling except for the tortilla. Stir gently. Cut your tortillas into 4 even pieces.
- Place 4 sliced tortilla pieces on baking pan. Top with one Tblsp of filling. Top with remaining tortillas.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until heated through (you could also grill or do on a stovetop gridle.
- Prepare a bowl with fresh salad greens, top with quesadillas, grilled vegetables and favorite toppings!
- *if you like spicier vegetables use 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili pepper