Healthy Granola Bar Fans
Healthy Banana Oat Seed BarsCourse: Snack
2 ripe bananas
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats (gluten free if needed)
3 lightly salted rice cakes, crushed into small pieces.
1/2 cup unsalted roasted sunflower seeds
1/4 tsp salt
5 Tblsp light agave nectar
2 Tblsp baking date paste
1 Tblsp coconut oil
2 Tblsp unsweetened applesauce
1/4 tsp pure almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, if you do not have a granola bar pan, lightly spray a 11 x 7 pan with cooking spray.
- Mash banana, place in bowl with rice cakes, oats and seeds. In small saucepan over low heat, stir together your agave nectar, baking date paste, coconut oil, unsweetened applesauce and almond extract. Stir until all ingredients are combined and bubbly.
- Pour over dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Portion into your Granola Bar Pan or smooth out in your prepared 11 x 7 pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool in pan. Store leftovers in fridge or wrap individually and freeze.