This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
Tis the season for pumpkin and these pumpkin chocolate chip bars are seasonal and healthy! Gluten free and oil free makes these a great holiday dessert option for those who want a sweet treat but to maintain their special dietary needs. Let me tell you the story of how these vegan pumpkin chocolate chop bars came to be made in my kitchen.
I am the type who buys stuff and then sits on it.
Pumpkin Bar Gluten Free Flour Success
Pumpkin Dessert with No Oil? No Eggs? Naturally Sweetened, Too!
Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars (DF, GF, Oil Free)Course: Dessert, Snacks
Great tasting bars make a healthy addition to your seasonal autumn feast!
1 cup gluten free flour*
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 flax egg**
1/2 cup pure pumpkin purée
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 1/2 Tbslp molasses
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup + 2 Tblsp Dairy Free miniature chocolate chips
- Make flax egg first! Combine flax and water in small bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and either lightly spray an 8×8 inch pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl and stir to mix.
- Combine wet ingredients and stir well. Add flax egg to wet ingredients last and stir well.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients and stir until all combined.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes*** until knife or toothpick near center comes out clean.
- Enjoy warm or let cool and store in fridge
- *use your preferred gluten free flour blend. I used Ryze yellow bag gluten free flour. Don’t need gluten free? Use unbleached white flour.
- **for a flax egg – combine 1 tblsp ground flax with 1 1/2 tbsp water
- ***mine took 30 minutes