I love a good salad in a bowl (of course!) but sometimes a salad can leave me hungry only a short time later, that is why I love this recipe round of high protein vegan salads. I get all the salad feels but since these salads are plant protein packed I stay full longer!
What Are Good Sources of Vegan Protein?
There are so many great meatless protein options! While you can find many plant based versions of your favorite meats at store these days, many of them are really not that great for you and full of high sodium and fat.
I tend to stick with whole foods when adding protein to my salads! Here are a few great options:
How to Put Together a Vegan High Protein Salad?
There are so many great ways to put together a delicious high protein vegan salad!
First start with your salad greens. I love to use spring salad mix, but it really depends on the salad I am building! For example, Tex-Mex tastes great with crunchy romaine. Spinach, kale, cabbage, you can get creative or for an easy option just purchase your favorite blend.
Next, decide on a dressing. For extra protein or if you are avoiding oil, you could use a nut based dressing. You can always make your own salad dressing or buy a store bought one. I always check the ingredients on store bought though to avoid a ton of ‘fillers’.
Then decide what you are putting on it! Keep it easy with some roasted butter beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, and carrots or get fancier with some roasted veggies and a homemade veggie burger.
Add some extras to create a high protein vegan salad like quinoa, tempeh crumbles, cooked lentils and more.
Really the sky is the limit when creating your salad! Or just try one of these plant based salads that contain vegan protein for an easy meatless lunch or dinner!
High Protein Vegan Salads to Eat for Lunch or Dinner
These high protein vegan salads take the guesswork out of building your delicious salad!
- This hearty Country Salad from No Sweat Vegan combines crunchy veggies, sweet tomatoes, earthy almonds, tangy “honey” mustard dressing, and Chick-fil-A Style Tofu Nuggets for a satisfying yet healthy meal. Perfect for a make-ahead lunch or an entree salad.
- Craving a burger, but also a salad? This Vegan Burger Salad from Thyme and Love is the perfect solution! This salad has all your favorite burger toppings, and then the salad is topped with a delicious homemade dressing!
- You’d falafel if you didn’t try this delicious, healthy, vibrant Falafel Salad from Tess Challis. Bursting with Mediterranean flavor, it’s also very easy to make.
- This BBQ Moroccan Eggplant Salad from Yum Vegan Lunch Idea has delicate Moroccan spices, a smokey BBQ flavor, roasted chickpeas, fresh leaf rocket salad and a zesty dressing – this is a must try. The chickpeas make for a great protein source in this flavorsome salad.
- Make lunchtime a treat with this simple and delicious Kale Caesar Salad with Nut-Free Dressing from Nut Free Vegan. It’s great for people who are plant-based, have a nut allergy or just love a tasty salad!
- The easiest Gluten-Free Mexican Pasta Salad recipe ever from Strength and Sunshine. It’s just 7 ingredients, vegan, allergy-free, and takes just 10 minutes! It’s a super quick, protein-packed, and healthy lunch or dinner! Easy to meal prep and make-ahead!
- American Cobb Salad from VeEatCookBake is a filling salad with baked tofu, chickpeas, coconut bacon, tomatoes, walnuts and carrots on a green salad bed combined with a tasty tahini – red wine vinegar dressing.
- Protein-rich lentils take center stage in this stunning Mediterranean Lentil Salad with with Marinated Onions, Roasted Tomatoes and Greek Olives from Go Dairy Free. It’s full of flavor and plant-based nutrition.
Spiced Red Rice and Lentil Salad from Circus Gardner features gluten-free red Caramague rice and lentils. This spicy salad is full of healthy plant protein and great natural flavors.
- Vegan Chopped Power Salad from Oh My Veggies is a nutritional powerhouse. It’s packed with oven baked tofu, cashews, and hemp hearts – all drizzled with a sweet Almond-Miso Dressing.
- Healthy Taco Salad from Veggie Inspired is quick and easy, loaded with plant based protein, and full of flavor and texture! The perfect weeknight meal.
- Lentil Salad Bowl from our website is full of plant protein lentils, red pepper, avocado and a light dressing! Perfect to serve as a side, main dish or salad.
- Quinoa Lentil Salad from My Plant Based Family is the perfect salad when you want to feel full. Great for meal prep!
- Lentil Salad with Roast Carrots and Onion from Quite Good Food is a hearty lentil salad with maple and balsamic roasted baby carrots and red onion, tossed with baby kale and dressed with chimichurri sauce.
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad from Vegan in the Freezer has lots of color and texture. The fresh veggie combination gives delicious satisfaction along with its lemon dressing.
- High Protein Vegan Salad with Sweet Potato, Quinoa and Satay from Minimalist Vegan is full of flavor and plant-based protein. Easy and quick to make, it’s a great option for lunch.
- Vietnamese Rice Noodle Salad with Hoisin Glazed Tofu from Connoisseurs Veg combines rice noodles, crisp veggies, a zippy soy ginger dressing and savory-sweet hoisin glazed tofu to make this meal-worthy Vietnamese-inspired rice noodle salad absolutely irresistible.
- Chickpea Thai Quinoa Salad from VNutrition is gluten-free, easy to make, and deliciously healthy. This salad combines quinoa, chickpeas, carrots, cabbage, and cilantro is topped with a creamy peanut sauce for a quick protein-packed meal.