Why pineapple? To counter balance the spicy of course!
Hot Pepper Pineapple JellyCourse: sauces
Spicy and sweet – perfect for topping savory mains or toast!
8 small cayenne peppers
1/2 of a large sweet red pepper, chopped
1 1/2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
1 cup white vinegar
3/4 cup sugar
3 Tblsp lemon juice
4 Tblsp instant pectin
- Put on disposable gloves! You don’t want to get pepper juice on your fingers and then touch your eyes! Ouch.
- De-seed your cayenne peppers, slice and place in blender. Add your sliced red pepper and chopped fresh pineapple.
- Place all in high speed blender with vinegar and blend until smooth.
- Place in small saucepan.
- Add sugar and lemon juice and heat / stir until dissolved.
- Remove from heat. Stir in pectin.
- Let sit until cool. Ladle into freezer jars.