Creamy broccoli risotto with lemon and fresh dill is vegan, dairy free and made in the Instant Pot. I loved using the instant pot for this recipe to keep it very hands off in the kitchen – it’s a no fuss recipe perfect for busy families!
Ingredients in Broccoli Risotto with Lemon
During quarantine, my little sister really embraced cooking at home and texted me one night asking if I had a dairy free risotto recipe on the blog! OOF I didn’t but had wanted to create one for awhile – BUT I hate how tedious it is to make risotto. My patience at the stovetop can be lacking in nature, so I know a normal stovetop risotto was not going to be my jam.
That is why I LOVED making this in the instant pot (here is the Instant Pot I have!) – sauté, set and go. Voilá creamy perfect risotto is done!
With a light lemon taste, fresh dill and broccoli this plant based dish is perfect for a light dinner. Arborio rice is naturally gluten free and the recipe is dairy free – but does not lack in creaminess! You will need:
- Arborio Rice
- Fresh Broccoli
- Fresh Lemon
- Fresh Dill
- Vegetable Stock
- Vegan Butter
- Sweet Onion
This recipe uses mainly fresh ingredients and I don’t advise using dried or frozen! Fresh is key to keeping this risotto flavorful – remember you want a finished vegan dish that seems like you cooked for hours over the stove – when in reality it was made quickly in the instant pot!
How to Serve Instant Pot Risotto
This creamy vegan risotto is the perfect dinner side dish to grilled tofu or vegetables. It would be a great light lunch and it is perfect to make ahead for a busy week.
I ate this vegan broccoli lemon risotto in a bowl (of course) I paired it with grilled asparagus, white beans and creamy avocado dill dressing atop fresh power greens. Find more vegan grilling recipes here that would be great to pair with this rice recipe.
This vegan risotto recipe can be made ahead as well! It keeps well in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Make this on the weekend for dinner on a busy night or for a quick lunch! You will love this creamy risotto recipe.
If you make this dairy free risotto recipe, tag @badtothebowl on social media.
Instant Pot Creamy Broccoli Risotto with LemonCourse: VeganDifficulty: Easy
Creamy risotto with lemon, dill and broccoli! Perfect for a plant based lunch or dinner.
2 cups chopped broccoli, steamed lightly
3 tablespoons butter – divided
½ large sweet onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 ½ cups Arborio rice
4 cups vegetable broth
2 tsp fresh chopped dill
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, more to taste
1 teaspoon lemon zest
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 Tblsp nutritional yeast
- Lightly steam broccoli for 3-4 minutes then set aside.
- In an Instant Pot or pressure cooker, press SAUTÉ. Add 1 ½ tblsp butter to pot and heat up. Once hot, add in onions, garlic. Let cook for 2-3 minutes or until onions start to turn translucent.
- Add rice and stir for 1-2 minutes to toast.
- Add vegetable stock, remaining butter. Stir well.
- Turn the instant pot off. Secure lid in place, turn valve to sealing, press manual make sure its on high, and set time to 7 minutes.
- When the time is up, turn the instant pot valve to venting to quickly release the pressure. Open the lid and stir well.
- Turn the setting to saute. Add broccoli, dill, spices, lemon juice and zest to the rice. Stir for 1-2 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning. Stir in nutritional yeast.