Pesto grilled veggie power bowl with italian seasoned lentils is flavor packed and perfect for the grill or alternately you can roast your veggies! We love this light yet protein packed plant based dinner!
Ingredients in Pesto Grilled Veggie Power Bowl with Italian Seasoned Lentils
This plant based power bowl is made with fresh veggies, seasoned lentils and drizzled with a homemade italian dressing! I love big salad bowls like this year round and have made this both with grilled vegetables and roasted vegetables.
Huge power bowls like this grilled veggie bowl keep me healthy and make me feel great! Here is what you need to assemble this protein packed salad bowl:
- Brown Lentils
- Italian Seasoning
- Lemon Herbed Pesto
- Fresh Vegetables (I used brussel sprouts, summer squash, red bell pepper and red onion)
- Italian Salad Dressing
- Fresh Salad Greens
I have also included a lot of optional ingredients when assembling your power bowl! In my opinion, all the extras are what really take this salad bowl from good to great. I love to include them all! When I include the cooked baby potatoes, I toss them with a small amount of the pesto for extra flavor.
How to Make This Power Bowl
This healthy plant based salad bowl is perfect for meal prep!
First make the lemon herbed pesto from our Lemon Herbed Pesto buddha bowl. You can freeze the lemon herbed pesto to be used later in the buddha bowl!
Next, make your italian seasoned lentils. While your lentils cook, steam your brussel sprouts (if grilling) and slice all your vegetables. Place all vegetables in a large bowl and toss with salt and pepper. Grill your vegetables.
While your vegetables grill, make your salad dressing. Alternately, you could make this homemade italian dressing a few days in advance to really let the flavors ‘sit together’.
Assemble your bowl with fresh salad greens, italian seasoned lentils, pesto grilled vegetables a drizzle of dressing and any optional ingredients!
How to Store Your Vegan Veggie Power Bowl
This protein packed power bowl is great for meal prep! I love to meal prep this on the weekend, by making the lentils, dairy free pesto and italian dressing in advance. I steam my brussel sprouts and then let them cool down. I then place all my sliced veggies, brussel sprouts and garlic in a large reusable bag, toss with salt and pepper. Store your vegetables in the refrigerator until ready to grill!
You could also opt to make everything in advance including your grilled vegetables! This is fantastic for vegan lunch meal prep.
Leftovers of your lentils, pesto and dressing can also be stored in the freezer! When ready to use, just thaw and make this recipe or our Lemon Herbed Pesto Buddha Bowl. This pesto could also be substituted for the pesto in our Vegan Pesto Spaghetti Squash Bake.
I hope you get to make this healthy power bowl! Tag @badtothebowl on social media if you make it!
Italian Lentil Salad (with Pesto Grilled Veggies)
Italian Seasoned Lentils
- 1/2 cup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp veggie bouillon
- 1/4 t. garlic salt
- 1. t.
- pinch of pepper
Pesto Grilled Vegetables
- 16 oz brussel sprouts, halved and slightly steamed
- 1 summer squash, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 Tblsp
Italian Salad Dressing (optional)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tblsp Maple Syrup
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp minced white onion
- 2 tsp minced red onion
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp each of basil, oregano, marjoram
- pinch of garlic pepper and red pepper flakes
Assemble Power Bowl
- Mixed Salad Greens
- Italian Lentils
- Grilled Veggies with Pesto
- Greek Olives (optional)
- Cucumbers (optional)
- Cooked baby potatoes or sweet potato would also be yummy!
Italian Seasoned Lentils
- Rinse lentils. Combine lentils, water and bouillon in saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cover pot with lid. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Keep an eye on the lentils – it is my experience that you will need to add more water as they near being done.
- After lentils are done cooking, stir in your italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
Pesto Grilled Veggies
- Halve brussel sprouts. Place in microwavable bowl with small amount of water and steam for 3 – 5 minutes. Drain.
- Put all veggies in large bowl including your steamed brussel sprouts and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Spray grill pan with cooking spray. Grill over medium heat for 30 minutes, stirring 1 – 2 times. Remove from grill, put back in bowl, gently toss with pesto.
Italian Salad Dressing
- Combine all ingredients in salad dressing jar. Shake to combine. This really tastes best when made a few hours in advance!
Assemble Power Bowl
- Place fresh greens in salad bowl.
- Top with lentils, pesto veggies and a drizzle of dressing.