Kale + Oven Roasted Veggies + Basil VinaigretteCourse: Salads
Easy power bowl filled with leftovers you have in your fridge!
- Take leftover veggies and put them in the oven to heat up (375 degrees)…introducing the Double Roasted Veggies (is there such a thing?).
- Second, while the veggies are getting warmed up, take a few leaves of kale and chop them.
- Remove pan from oven and mixed kale into veggie mix along with a few cherry tomatoes.
- Take basil vinaigrette, pour it over everything, stir it a few times and stick the whole pan back in the oven until kale begins to wilt. While the kale is wilting, I warm up leftover quinoa rice blend.
- Last, Assemble your bowl!
- *I am a huge fan of making homemade dressing! Like seriously, once you start making homemade dressings it is SUPER hard to go back to store bought. So I often have 2 – 3 dressings floating around my fridge. Often there is only a smidgen left of the dressing. Not enough for a full blown salad. BUT I hate to waste it (I took time to make it, right?!). So I empty it into a small freezer safe container, label it and put in the freezer. Comes in so handy when you need a small amount of dressing to use!
**My modification, when I went to make this dressing, our store had no fresh basil in stock! I didn’t want to re-work my whole menu while standing in the store (I think I was actually taking this salad to a family get together) so I substituted the Basil Stir in Paste from Garden Gourmetfor the fresh basil leaves! It turned out great!