I live in a more rural area of West Michigan. There are some downsides to this BUT in summer, the glory of living in a rural area comes out to shine in full force.
- quiet nights of star gazing
- long walks and bike rides on dirt roads
- lake life
- pop up farm stands everywhere!
Lemon Basil Wax Beans with Chickpeas
- 1 lb. trimmed wax beans*
- 9 – 10 (a handful) of cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup of chickpeas (if canned, rinse well)
- 18 basil leaves, chopped (mine were all different sizes, use more or less depending on your taste)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 Tblsp minced red onion
- 1 Tblsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Steam trimmed beans until tender. Drain. Place in bowl.
- Add chopped basil, tomatoes and chickpeas.
- Whisk remaining ingredients in small bowl.
- Pour over bean mixture and toss gently.