I live in a more rural area of West Michigan. There are some downsides to this BUT in summer, the glory of living in a rural area comes out to shine in full force.
- quiet nights of star gazing
- long walks and bike rides on dirt roads
- lake life
- pop up farm stands everywhere!
Lemon Basil Wax Beans with ChickpeasCourse: Sides, Salads
Fresh, lemony and basil lend to a delicious bean dish that could be ate hot or cold!
1 lb. trimmed wax beans*
9 – 10 (a handful) of cherry tomatoes halved
1 cup of chickpeas (if canned, rinse well)
18 basil leaves, chopped (mine were all different sizes, use more or less depending on your taste)
2 cloves garlic
3 Tblsp minced red onion
1 Tblsp lemon juice
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
- Steam trimmed beans until tender. Drain. Place in bowl.
- Add chopped basil, tomatoes and chickpeas.
- Whisk remaining ingredients in small bowl.
- Pour over bean mixture and toss gently.