Life. Life. Life. We need more sheet pan suppers that are easy like this Maple Mustard Roasted Vegetable Sheet Pan Supper. One pan dinners are so nice to have on a busy night and this vegetable sheet pan dinner can even be prepped in advance!
Ingredients in Maple Mustard Vegetable Sheet Pan Supper
Life is busy and while I do love multitasking and staying busy especially when the weather turns cool, I also don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen making dinner when there are kids to shuttle to practice and laundry to fold. That is why I love plant based sheet pan suppers! I have become a huge fan of them lately – like our Roasted Brussels Sprout, Sweet Potato and Chickpea sheet pan dinner. Sheet pan dinners save time, make clean up a breeze and are full of good healthy fall comfort food!
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this maple mustard vegetable sheet pan dinner:
- Red or White Onion
- Red Pepper
- Sweet Potato
- Great Northern Beans
- Maple Syrup
- Dijon Mustard
- Apple Cider Vinegar
How to Make Maple Mustard Vegetable Sheet Pan Dinner
Don’t knock the combo of maple and mustard together until you try it! The inspiration for this recipe actually came from my pre – vegan days. I loved a maple mustard glaze on salmon and really wanted to re-create that taste in an all plant based dish. This dish combines some of my favorite vegetables, broccoli, red pepper, onion and carrot with sweet potatoes and great northern beans!
I opted to use great northern beans, but chickpeas would be another good option that you can substitute.
The vegetables are then tossed with sweet maple and tangy mustard oil free marinade. The sweet potatoes get some additional warm spice with cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg.
All vegetables and legumes are then roasted together for a flavorful sheet pan supper that is both oil free and packed full of flavor!
How to Serve and Store Your Sheet Pan Meal
I love to serve this sheet pan summer with a side salad and then toss in some almonds or walnuts for crunch! It would also be amazing with Chickpea Nut Loaf.
Another great option would be to serve it with homemade oat milk bread.
This meal would be very easy to do as a plant based meal prep! Make your dressing and store in the refrigerator. Cut up your veggies and store in the refrigerator separately. Rinse and drain your beans and store in a separate container refrigerated. When it is time to roast your sheet pan supper, prepare your pan with parchment paper, toss your vegetables with the oil free dressing and roast.
If you try this out, I would love to know. Tag #badtothebowl or @badtothebowl on social media and connect with us for sharing delicious vegan food.
Maple Mustard Roasted Vegetable Sheet Pan Supper
- 1 small crown of broccoli, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup chopped sweet potato
- 1 – 14.5 oz can great northern beans
- 3 Tblsp
- 2 Tblsp
- 1 Tblsp
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- salt & pepper
- Pre heat oven to 425 degrees and line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Put chopped broccoli, carrots, pepper and onion in large bowl.
- Put chopped sweet potato in separate bowl and toss with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In another small bowl, mix together the maple syrup, dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, garlic clove and salt and pepper.
- Toss your broccoli mix with 4 Tblsp of maple syrup/mustard mixture.
- Toss sweet potato with remaining maple syrup/mustard mixture.
- Lay out evenly on your prepared pan all your vegetables.
- Drain and rinse your great northern beans, pat dry. Place beans on tray with vegetables.
- Roast vegetables in oven for 35 minutes or until desired doneness. Stir at about 17 minutes.
- Enjoy with optional pecans and dried cranberries!