Sheet Pan Suppers to the Rescue
That is why I love sheet pan suppers! I have become a huge fan of them lately – like our Roasted Brussels Sprout, Sweet Potato and Chickpea sheet pan dinner.
Don’t knock it til you try it! The inspiration for this recipe actually came from my pre – vegan days. I loved a maple mustard glaze on salmon and really wanted to re-create that taste in an all plant based dish.
I opted to use great northern beans, but chickpeas would be another good option that you can substitute.
The vegetables are tossed with sweet maple and tangy mustard oil free marinade. The sweet potatoes get some additional warm spice with cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg.
All vegetables and legumes are then roasted together for a flavorful sheet pan supper that is both oil free and packed full of flavor!
If you try this out, I would love to know. Tag #badtothebowl or @badtothebowl on social media and connect with us for sharing delicious vegan food.
Maple Mustard Roasted Vegetable Sheet Pan SupperCourse: Main
One pan meal makes mealtime easy!
1 small crown of broccoli, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
1 small onion, sliced
1 small red pepper, sliced
1 cup chopped sweet potato
1 – 14.5 oz can great northern beans
3 Tblsp pure maple syrup
2 Tblsp dijon mustard
1 Tblsp apple cider vinegar
1 minced garlic clove
1/8 tsp cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
salt & pepper
*optional pecans, dried cranberries
- Pre heat oven to 425 degrees and line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Put chopped broccoli, carrots, pepper and onion in large bowl.
- Put chopped sweet potato in separate bowl and toss with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In another small bowl, mix together the maple syrup, dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, garlic clove and salt and pepper.
- Toss your broccoli mix with 4 Tblsp of maple syrup/mustard mixture.
- Toss sweet potato with remaining maple syrup/mustard mixture.
- Lay out evenly on your prepared pan all your vegetables.
- Drain and rinse your great northern beans, pat dry. Place beans on tray with vegetables.
- Roast vegetables in oven for 35 minutes or until desired doneness. Stir at about 17 minutes.
- Enjoy with optional pecans and dried cranberries!