Do You Love Kale Salad?
Next, we added in some quinoa, chopped honeycrisp apples and avocado.
And last but not least, toasted pecan chips.
This kale salad with pumpkin tahini dressing is fall in a bowl but edible and healthy for you!
And after our busy full of fall activities, the Massaged Kale Salad with Pumpkin Tahini Dressing was the perfect ending to the day!
Massaged Kale Salad with Pumpkin Tahini DressingCourse: Salads
All the tastes of fall from apples to pumpkin are in this oil free kale salad bowl!
1 large bunch of curly kale
1/2 cup of cooked quinoa*
2 roasted beets, chopped**
1 honeycrisp apple, chopped***
handful of toasted pecans****
Pumpkin Tahini Dressing
1/4 cup pumpkin
2 Tblsp. Tahini
1 Tblsp EVOO
1/4 cup water
1 clove minced garlic
1 tsp salt
1 t maple syrup
- Make dressing by combining pumpkin, tahini, water, EVOO, garlic, salt and maple syrup in blender and blending until smooth.
- Wash and de-stem kale. Place in bowl and use kitchen shears to chop in small pieces. Sprinkle with salt and using your hands, massage salt into the kale.
- Drizzle dressing over kale and once again use hands to massage dressing well into kale. At this point, either proceed to step 4 and eat salad OR preferably cover salad and refrigerate for a few hours (up to 12) to soften kale leaves.
- Sprinkle salad with quinoa, chopped beet, apple, avo slices and pecans.
- *I cooked my quinoa in vegetable broth because I think it adds a nice depth of flavor.
- **How to roast beets: wash beets, slice of ends, wrap loosely in foil, roast at 425 degrees until a fork pierces through foil easily. (I check after an hour). After they cool, chop into pieces and toss lightly with salt and raspberry balsamic vinegar. I am sure you could use regular balsamic vinegar.
- ***fuji or gala would also be nice
- ****How to toasted pecans: line a baking sheet with parchment paper, place pecan chips on covered baking sheet, toast for 5 – 7 minutes at 350 degrees.