Disclaimer: I was provided with free product in return for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions provided in this post are my own and not influenced by the developing company. This post may also include affiliate links, please read our policy here.Jump to Recipe
This No Bake Apple Peanut Butter Protein Bars is a granola bar that is packed full of protein! It contains both pea protein and peanut butter powder and will keep you full all morning long, or eat it as a snack before you hit up the gym.
Apple Peanut Butter Protein Bars Ingredients
These granola bars are full of wholesome ingredients, contain no processed white sugar and are protein packed with a yellow pea protein and PB powder. The ingredients could not be any simpler!
I love making homemade granola bars because I just feel better knowing how the bars were made and what exactly is in them. They taste better too! If your New Year’s goal was to eat healthier, these granola bars are a must to make ahead for the week.
Other than the protein powders, these bars are made with unsweetened applesauce, peanuts, gluten free oats, dates, agave nectar and cinnamon. Only a few ingredients for tasty homemade granola bars! No baking means that you save time in the kitchen as well.
How to Make These No Bake Granola Bars
To make these granola bars you will need a food processor, a small saucepan and a large bowl. You will also need an 8×8 square pan.
You will combine the oats and peanuts and do a fast toast in the oven! This gives them additional depth of flavor. While you could skip toasting them, I don’t recommend that. Process the dates in a food processor until they become a ball. You will need some arm muscle next as you work the dates into the oats! By the time the bars are ready to eat, you will have earned the right to taste test after all the arm work.
You will heat the protein powders and agave in a small sauce pan until they are combined and then add that to your oat mixture. Place the mixture in your prepared pan and refrigerate until firm. If you live in a cold climate, you can just stick them on your porch like I did!
These bars are so simple to make and I was in and out of the kitchen in under 3o minutes. If you love granola bars as much as I do, be sure to try these other bar recipes from our blog:
- Healthy Banana Oat Seed Bars
- No Bake Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- Peanut Butter Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- On the Go Banana Chocolate Chip Oat Bars
Naked Nutrition Products
I love that the products from Naked Nutrition are SIMPLE ingredients. I know that many brands claim this BUT then you look at the ingredient list and are suddenly confused by all the weird ingredients. I sampled both the NAKED Pea and the NAKED PB. These both have only one ingredient listed on their nutritional label either yellow pea protein or roasted peanuts. How refreshing is that? I love that the PB powder is a full 2 lbs. This means I can also add it to oats, smoothies and more!
If you make these protein packed healthy granola bars, we would love to know! Tag @badtothebowl on social media.
No Bake Apple Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- ½ cup roasted lightly salted peanuts – crushed
- 1 ½ cup gluten free old fashioned oats
- 1 cup pitted dried dates
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce + 2 TBLSP
- ¼ cup + 2 TBLSP
- ¼ cup + 2 TBLSP
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Line a 8×8 inches baking pan with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. This will allow for easier removal later.
- Spread the oats and chopped peanuts on a baking tray and toast for 10 minutes in 350 degree oven.
- Transfer oats and peanuts to a large mixing bowl.
- Process dates in a food processor until they become a ball.
- Add the date ball to the mixing bowl along with cinnamon.
- In a small saucepan over low heat combine the vanilla, agave, applesauce, peanut butter powder and pea protein powder.
- Add the applesauce mixture to the mixing bowl and mix together well. This will take a few minutes to get all ingredients combined evenly!
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan, press down with hands or spatula, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or more.
- Cut bars into squares and store them in the refrigerator.