Summer is in full swing and we are coming off the week of July 4th.
Does anyone else feel like summer is flying by?
We did squeeze in a lot of local fun the last few days though, so I do feel like the summer bucket list made a lot of progress!
With all this busyness, I am relying on quick and easy snacks to maintain energy, fill me up and that are also easy to pack for on the go!
That is why I love our original no oil hummus. It is all those things!
But I have been craving dill this summer. In everything. Salad. Avo Sauce. Grilled Veggies.
So that got me thinking…how could I add dill to my favorite hummus recipe? How about pairing it with cucumber which has also been at the top of my summer snacking list (seriously, it has been another go to snack in this 90 degree heat – there is only so much watermelon I can eat!)
Well, friends, let me tell you this dill cucumber hummus turned out light and fresh and oh, so good! It has a refreshing cucumber and dill taste that turns plain ole’ hummus into a refreshing dip for your veggies.
Even the sun couldn’t help but shine for this hummus!
Seriously, though, it is super easy to make and did I mention OIL – FREE?
And yet so creamy.
This will be a recipe you keep making all summer long! So, let’s get to blending some oil free hummus.
If you make this, we would love to know! Tag @badtothebowl on social media.
Oil Free Dill Cucumber Hummus
- 1 – 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and de-seeded
- 3 Tblsp aquafaba (chickpea juice from the can)
- 3 Tblsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tblsp Tahini
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 Tblsp minced fresh dill
- Place chickpeas, cucumber, aquafaba, lemon juice, tahini, garlic and salt in blender on high speed. Stop and scrape down the sides every few minutes.
- Place hummus in storage container or dish for serving, stir in fresh dill.
- Eat immediately or store in fridge.