One bowl banana bread recipe is egg free, dairy free and low in sugar! This is a great plant based breakfast option that is kid friendly and perfect to make ahead for busy mornings!
Ingredients in One Bowl Banana Bread
Banana bread is a beloved breakfast item in our house! My son has told me he even loves the smell of the batter when I make a quick bread. I love that this vegan breakfast recipe also is lower in sugar than most banana breads.
When your bananas start to brown, make this easy one bowl banana bread. Your house will smell delicious while it bakes and you will have breakfast made for the next day! (I LOVE when baking can be efficient!)
Here are the ingredients you will need for this one bowl vegan banana bread:
- Ripe Bananas
- Plant based milk (we used almond)
- Brown Sugar
You will also need other pantry staple baking ingredients such as baking powder and baking soda.
How to Make One Bowl Vegan Banana Bread
My secret to success when it comes to quick bread is to use smaller bread pans!
I love to use these small baking bread pans to make banana bread! I love the smaller bread pans as I feel they are easier to control the ratio of bread getting done on the inside to bread getting overdone on the top. These small baking pans have never failed to deliver perfect quick bread every time I have use them. This recipe will yield two small banana bread loaves. That means you can eat one vegan banana bread now and wrap the other in freezer safe paper and save for later!
This vegan quick banana bread is easy to make with minimal kitchen utensils and all in one bowl! First you will need to mash your bananas in the bowl. I like to use a potato masher, but you could also use a fork. The key to great banana bread is to use ripe bananas! The riper the bananas the easier they are to mash and the more banana taste your bread will have.
Next, in the same bowl, whisk in your oil and brown sugar. Stir in your vanilla extract. Next add your baking soda, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Alternately add in your plant based milk with the flour. Stir lightly until all ingredients are combine. Be careful not to overstir, this may cause the bread to be dense not fluffy.
After your ingredients are combined, pour into your prepared baking pans! I like to spray my pans with cooking spray and then lightly dust with flour.
How to Serve One Bowl Banana Bread
This bread makes a great make ahead breakfast! Use one banana bread loaf now and freeze the other one to use later.
This bread is also a great after school snack or even a healthy late night dessert! If this bread lasts more than 2 days, you will want to store it in the refrigerator.
To freeze this quick bread, wrap one loaf tightly in plastic wrap and place in freezer safe bag. When ready to use, just thaw and reheat.
A special shout out to my niece who originally created this recipe to share with us!
One Bowl Banana Bread
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk , I used unsweetened almond milk
- Set oven to 375 degrees. Prepare two small bread pans with baking spray and a light dusting of flour.
- In medium sized mixing bowl, mash bananas with potato masher or fork.
- Whisk in oil, brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- Stir in baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg and salt.
- Alternately add in plant based milk with flour. Stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pans.
- Bake 30 – 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the bread comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Run a knife around edge of pan and invert bread out of pan onto baking rack. Cool completely.
- Store in the refrigerator or wrap one bread in freezer safe paper and freeze until ready to use.