Pancakes with Coconut IcingCourse: Breakfast
Gluten free pancakes with coconut icing are a decadent brunch item.
1 ½ cup gluten free flour (I used Pillsbury Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
1 ½ tbsp of baking powder
1 ½ cup dairy free milk of choice (preferably almond milk)
3 tbsp of sugar
3 tbsp of vegetable oil
1 can of coconut milk (regular, not reduced fat)
½ cup of powdered sugar
- Place coconut milk in fridge for at least 24 hours. After it has been chilled, pour in bowl and mix with spoon. Add in powdered sugar and mix.
- Cover and set in fridge until pancakes are done. This is your coconut whip icing.
- Mix flour and baking powder in one bowl. Add in dairy free milk and oil, top with sugar. Mix all together. Batter should be thick and deliciousI
- If you are not using a non-stick pan, use vegan butter to grease pan.
- Pour batter, repeat until you have pancake deliciousness!
- Stack pancakes and top with the coconut icing and extra goodies like coconut, sliced almonds and bananas.