Peach crumble breakfast slices are low sugar and the perfect breakfast treat or serve with a dollop of dairy free ice cream for a healthy dessert.
Ingredients in Peach Crumble Breakfast Slices
These peach crumble breakfast slices are perfect right out of the oven or as a make ahead plant based breakfast! This vegan breakfast dish looks impressive and is brimming with the best of summer fresh fruit.
I love fresh peaches in the summer! They are sweet and juicy and brimming with fresh taste. I actually have a bit of a fruit love affair. My mom always had fresh seasonal fruit around our house. Apples in the fall, melons and berries in the summer and living in the midwest we had to resort to canned or frozen in the winter, but nonetheless, growing up fruit was something our family did not skimp on at mealtime! To this day, I serve my kids fruit at every meal because my mom did that. Interesting how food traditions can get passed down like that!
According to scientific studies, fruit has huge positive health benefits as well! So the next time you are tempted to reach for a sugary treat, try a piece of a fresh fruit brimming with natural sugars that are good for you!
This vegan gluten free peach crumble does not have that much added sugar! We used date paste in this recipes as a natural sweetener. The dates in this recipe give this peach crumble a sweet caramelized taste. Here are the ingredients you need for peach breakfast crumble:
- Fresh peaches
- Date Paste
- Gluten Free Oats
- Cashew Butter (or any nut butter)
- Unsweetened Applesauce
- Maple Syrup
While the ingredient looks long, the taste of this fresh peach breakfast is well worth it!
How to Make Peach Crumble Breakfast Slices
This vegan peach oat breakfast treat is made in three steps.
First you will need to make your bottom ‘crust’ layer. Combine your oats and spices then mix in your wet ingredients. Wet ingredients include a splash of plant based milk, unsweetened applesauce and date paste. To make your date paste easier to work with, warm it up for a few seconds in the microwave.
Next make your peach ‘syrup’. Peaches are naturally sweet and when you add a small amount of real maple syrup they turn into a delicious all natural syrup mix! We used just a teaspoon of syrup and let the peaches do their natural job of releasing their juices to turn this into a delicious mix!
Last make your crumble topping. This crumble topping is protein packed though which makes this dish great for a plant based breakfast. You will need a food processor to make this crumble topping. Combine your oats, cashews and nut butter in the food processor and pulse lightly.
This peach crumble smells so good when it bakes in the oven! It is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy your fresh peaches this summer.
How to Serve Your Peach Breakfast Slices
I made this for my husband and he took it to work all week to enjoy with dairy free vanilla yogurt. I don’t mean to brag, but he may have mentioned that his coworkers were envious about how great it smelled compared to their microwave insta oatmeal!
This would also make a great healthy dessert. We have made this and enjoyed it with a scoop of dairy free yogurt.
This is such a perfect gluten free dairy free peach breakfast oat treat that is secretly healthy and good for you! Make ahead or enjoy right out of the oven. It’s delicious both ways!
If you make this vegan peach breakfast crumble, tag @badtothebowl we would love to know!
Peach Crumble Breakfast SlicesCourse: Breakfast
Naturally sweetened peach breakfast slices that are perfect for breakfast or brunch!
- Bottom “Crust” Layer
2 cups gluten free oats
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 Tblsp baking date paste
3 Tblsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or favorite nut milk)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
- Peach ‘Syrup’ Mixture
2-3 medium sized peaches, peeled and sliced
1 tsp pure maple syrup
1/8 tsp of nutmeg
- Top “Crumble”
1/2 cup of oats (gluten free if needed)
2 Tblsp cashew butter (you could sub any nut butter)
2 Tblsp of unsalted cashews
1/4 tsp of cinnamon
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9 inch pan – either a square or pie pan works.
- Bottom ‘Crust” Layer
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together oats, applesauce, baking dates, plant based milk, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Stir really well to mix in your baking date paste. If needed, warm up your date paste in the microwave for a few minutes to soften the paste.
- Let rest in bowl for 10 minutes. Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Peach ‘Syrup’ Layer
- While the bottom layer is baking prepare peaches. Peel and slice your peaches and put in small bowl. Add cinnamon and nutmeg. Add maple syrup. Stir gently to combine.
- Top “Crumble”
- Combine oats, cashew butter, cashews and salt in food processor. Pulse a few times to combine and get ‘crumbly’. You want it to be to a be crumble and not flour consistency – so only pulse a few times!
- Put It All Together!
- Remove your bottom layer from oven. Arrange peach slices on top. Top with crumble topping. Drizzle the juice leftover in your peach bowl on top of it all. Bake at 350 degrees for an additional 20 minutes.
- Serve warm as is or store in the refrigerator and reheat! I love to eat this with dairy free yogurt. This would also be great as a healthy dessert with a scoop of dairy free ice cream.