It is now FRIDAY.
This Peanut Butter Caramel Corn
Peanut Butter Caramel Corn (GF + V)
Peanut Butter Caramel Corn is Vegan and Gluten Free. A sweet treat that combines crunchy popcorn coating in a light caramel peanut butter coating.
1/2 cup un popped yellow popcorn kernels (12 cups popped)
3 Tblsp Coconut Oil
1/4 cup light agave syrup+ 1 Tblsp.
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
optional: dairy free mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare your air popped popcorn and place in large bowl.
- Combine coconut oil, agave, brown sugar, peanut butter powder and salt in small saucepan on stove.
- Bring liquids to a boil and boil 3 – 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, add soda and extract (this will bubble!). Continue to stir to combine into a sticky liquid.
- Working quickly, pour the liquid mixture over prepared popcorn and mix well.
- Pour on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to evenly coat popcorn and prevent burning.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with chocolate chips and cool on wire rack.
- Store in airtight container.