It was with the best intentions…
Have you ever uttered that?
Well in this case, my best of intentions was to publish this on Monday. Oops.
It is now FRIDAY.
But that is OK because popcorn and a movie on the weekend are like a match made in heaven!
And you are going to want to make this Peanut Butter Caramel Popcorn.
If you follow us, you know I am somewhat popcorn obsessed. It is like my favorite snack…or it is a dessert? I think it is both – which means totally acceptable middle of the day and after dinner. Or during a movie…or binging Netflix.
SO VERSATILE is both my love popcorn and the many flavors we have created on this blog. Check out these favorite vegan popcorn recipes:
Or just search POPCORN on our blog and you will see that we have 9 Vegan POPCORN recipes!
This Peanut Butter Caramel Corn
I know what you are thinking does peanut butter and caramel really go together – on popcorn?!
Yes it does! Because I used Peanut Butter POWDER! This adds a slight peanut butter taste without overpowering the caramel crunch of the popcorn.
If you want to really add some yumminess add some dairy free mini chocolate chips right after baking the popcorn – this really makes this outstanding!
And about that baking – you MUST bake this popcorn to get the perfect crunch. I would hate for you to have soggy popcorn and that is what will happen if you don’t bake this vegan popcorn.
ALSO do not substitute vegan butter for the coconut oil. I have tried to use vegan butter and for some reason it does not produce a crunchy popcorn.
So let’s get popping!
Peanut Butter Caramel Corn (GF + V)
Peanut Butter Caramel Corn is Vegan and Gluten Free. A sweet treat that combines crunchy popcorn coating in a light caramel peanut butter coating.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup un popped yellow popcorn kernels (12 cups popped)
- 3 Tblsp Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup light agave syrup+ 1 Tblsp.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- optional: dairy free mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare your air popped popcorn and place in large bowl.
- Combine coconut oil, agave, brown sugar, peanut butter powder and salt in small saucepan on stove.
- Bring liquids to a boil and boil 3 – 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, add soda and extract (this will bubble!). Continue to stir to combine into a sticky liquid.
- Working quickly, pour the liquid mixture over prepared popcorn and mix well.
- Pour on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to evenly coat popcorn and prevent burning.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with chocolate chips and cool on wire rack.
- Store in airtight container.