Roasted cauliflower steaks with gremolata is a delicious plant based dinner elegant enough for guests but also easy to make for a weeknight dinner! Simply seasoned cauliflower gets a flavor boost from the herby Italian parsley condiment for a flavor like no other.
Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Gremolata Recipe
This roasted cauliflower steaks with gremolata recipe has quickly become a new favorite! Oven roasted cauliflower is great on it’s own, but when topped with parsley infused gremolata, it really gets transformed to a whole other level of deliciousness!
I love roasted vegetables when the season start to change from warmer temps to cooler weather. You can find me meal prepping roasted vegetables on the weekend for easy dinners during the week! I also love fall roasted vegetables for including in huge grain bowls and sheet pan vegetable dinners for easy clean up. Roasted vegetables for the win every time!
Why Make Oven Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Gremolata?
- Easy recipe that looks impressive!
- Flavorful from fresh herbs, lemon zest and roasted cauliflower.
- Nutritious from both the cauliflower and herby condiment. Cauliflower is high in vitamin c and fresh herbs are high in plant based anti-inflammatory and antioxidant polyphenols.
Ingredients in Vegan Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
- Cauliflower cut into thick steaks and then roasted to perfection.
- Fresh parsley not dried for maximum flavor.
- Fresh garlic not dried for flavor.
- Lemon Zest adds a bright zesty taste.
- Olive Oil for roasted your cauliflower steaks.
- Salt and pepper to season and taste.
- Red pepper flakes – optional but recommended for another layer of flavor
How to Make Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
- First make your gremolata so that the flavors can infuse while the cauliflower steaks roast.
- Cut your cauliflower into thick slices (steaks). Place on parchment lined pan. Combine olive, salt and pepper
- Roast your cauliflower in the oven.
- Top with gremolata for serving.
Serving Recommendations for Cauliflower Steaks with Herbed Condiment
- Roasted Butter Beans or other roasted beans in a vegetable style bowl with fresh power greens and a small amount of Sun Dried Tomato Basil Hummus.
- Slow Cooker Greek-Style Beans with Tomatoes and Spinach and Vegan Cream Cheese Fudgy Brownie Bites for dessert.
- Vegan Lentil Soup with Kale or Creamy Vegetable Noodle Soup.
More Roasted Vegetables to Make
- Roasted Vegetable Bowl with Miso Dressing
- Southwest Rice Bowl with Roasted Veggies
- Oil Free Roasted Vegetables with Easy Lemon Cream Sauce
Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with GremolataCourse: Irresistible Whole Food Plant Based Meals, Main Dish, Mouthwatering Main Dish RecipesDifficulty: Easy
Make these cauliflower steaks served with gremolata for an amazing plant based dinner.
1 small bunch parsley, washed and dried (enough to make 1 cup loosely-packed)
1 clove garlic, minced
Zest of 2 lemons
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
1 large head cauliflower
1 tblsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic
½ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp pepper
- Prep the parsley: Remove the leaves from the parsley — enough to make 1 cup when very loosely packed.
- Chop the parsley: Chop the parsley with a chef’s knife or herb cutter until finely chopped. It should be less than 1/2 cup. Add the minced garlic.
- Wash and dry lemons. Using a grater or lemon zester, zest your two lemons on top of the garlic and parsley mixture.
- Finish the chopping: Continue to chop the parsley, mixing in the garlic and lemon as you go, until the parsley is chopped very fine. Stir in salt, pepper and chili flakes.
- Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking pan with parchment paper. Remove the outer leaves and trim the stem end. Hold cauliflower with its base on a cutting board. With a sharp knife, make one cut through the center of the cauliflower to divide it in half. Now cut each half into two 3/4-inch thick slices. Save the ends to eat as a snack or serve with salad.
- Remove the outer leaves and trim the stem end. Hold cauliflower with its base on a cutting board. With a sharp knife, make one cut through the center of the cauliflower to divide it in half. Now cut each half into two 3/4-inch thick slices. Save the ends to eat as a snack or serve with salad.
- Place steaks on the prepared baking pan. Combine your olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Brush on top of cauliflower steaks in the pan. Roast cauliflower steaks in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Flip roast for 15 – 20 minutes more.
- Top with gremolata. Serve over fresh greens. Add chickpeas, a sprinkle of walnuts and avocado for a complete meal idea.