Roasted Cauliflower with Chipotle Coconut CreamCourse: Main
Chipotle adds a spicy kick while coconut milk mellows out these roasted veggies!
4 cups cauliflower pieces
2 cups butternut squash, cubed
1/2 of a jalapeńo sliced (use whole jalapeńo including seeds for spicier!)
1/4 cup of vegetable broth
1 cup cooked black beans
4 green onions sliced
1 chipotle in adobe sauce, chopped (use 2 for more spice!)
2 Tblsp of adobe sauce
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup + 2 Tblsp water
1/2 cup lite coconut cream
2 Tblsp cornstarch
1 Tblsp lime
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spread foil on large rimmed baking sheet.
- Combine your cauliflower pieces, butternut squash and jalapeńo in bowl. Toss with vegetable broth.
- Place vegetables on baking sheet, roast for 30 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- After 30 minutes, add black beans and green onion, stir well on the baking sheet. Bake for additional 10 – 15 minutes.
- While your vegetables roast, make your chipotle coconut cream.
- Combine your chopped chipotle pepper, adobe sauce, cilantro, garlic, cumin and salt in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour this mix into small saucepan and add 1/4 cup of water and lite coconut milk. Heat on low heat.
- In separate bowl, combine your cornstarch and 2 Tblsp water, whisk well until there are no clumps.
- Gently stir or whisk your cornstarch mixture into your chipotle saucepan on stove.
- Stir constantly until thickened.
- Remove from heat, stir in lime juice.
- Drizzle your sauce over roasted vegetables. Reserve remaining for additional dipping or salad topping!