Roasted dill and dijon creamer potatoes are an easy plant based side dish with savory dill followed by a touch of tang from Dijon mustard.
Ingredients in Dill and Dijon Creamer Potatoes
This roasted potato side dish is very easy to make and tastes great! You may be wondering what the difference is between regular and creamer potatoes and that is a great question!
What is a creamer potato?
A creamer potato is a small potato that has been harvested early to keep it small in size! I love these delicious smaller potatoes that have a creamy texture. Creamer potatoes are great for roasting as they require no peeling. We love the creamer potatoes from The Little Potato Company.
Ingredients in this Easy Potato Side Dish
I love these creamy potatoes paired with savory dill and tangy dijon mustard. The ingredients used to coat these potatoes contain NO OIL making them perfect for those following an oil free whole food plant based diet.
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this tasty roasted potato side dish.
- Creamer Potatoes
- Dried Dill Weed
- Dijon Mustard
- Minced Garlic
- Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper
These dijon roasted potatoes are a dish your family will love!
How to Make Mustard Roasted Baby Potatoes
Along with a simple ingredient list, these baby potatoes are also very easy to make! I love when dinner comes together quickly and you have more time to enjoy your evening or catch up on work.
First, you will need to slice your creamer potatoes in half and place in a medium sized bowl. Next, whisk together your dijon mustard, dill, garlic and lemon juice in another small bowl. Toss your potatoes with sauce and voilà these spuds are ready to roast.
How to Serve This Healthy Plant Based Side Dish
We love this easy side paired with roasted cauliflower or our broccoli chickpea patties. These potatoes would pair well with any grilled vegetable dish as well!
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
If you make this tasty potato side dish, I would love to know! Tag @badtothebowl on social media.
Roasted Dill and Dijon Creamer Potatoes
- 3 cups baby creamer potatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp
- salt and ground pepper taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
- Halve your creamer potatoes and place in a medium sized bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine your dijon mustard, lemon juice, garlic and dill. Stir together well. Add your sauce to potatoes and toss to combine.
- Spread out in a single layer on large rimmed baking sheet – do not overlap the potatoes so they roast evenly.
- Roast for 400 degrees for 40 minutes, flip potatoes ½ way through roasting time.
- If you notice that the potatoes start to look dry while cooking or when you flip them, toss with a 1-2 of olive oil (if using oil) OR with 1-2 teaspoons vegetable stock. This recipe turned out great as is, but some ovens may cook differently than mine and I love my potatoes a crispy rather than saucy.
- Store leftovers in the fridge! Leftovers would be great with for breakfast.