This is such a simple buddha bowl, but I love it every time I make it! Simple cajun black bean sweet potato bowl is full of flavor, healthy and easy to make.
Black Bean Sweet Potato Bowl Ingredients
While this bowl is customizable to your tastes, I love the simplicity in it as is! Clean ingredients with minimal seasoning really make each ingredient shine. Here are the ingredients you will need to make this easy buddha bowl:
I know you will love this simple plant based buddha bowl for lunch or dinner!
How to Make Your Simple Cajun Bowls
There are 2 variations to making this recipe! If you are in hurry, you can steam your diced sweet potato in the microwave or stovetop. If you have more time on your hand, bake your sweet potato in the oven. I love both methods! Baking your sweet potato in the oven gives it an additional carmelized taste, while steaming your potato retains a fresh taste and keeps a high hydration texture.
After your preferred potato method is done, the rest of the bowl comes together quickly! Rinse and drain your black beans, toss with cajun seasoning and dice your avocado. Add everything to a bowl with fresh salad greens and optional add some tortilla chips for crunch!
How to Serve this Easy Vegan Bowl
This easy meal is easy to make, easy to serve and easy to eat!
This bowl is great for meal prep, prepare your potato ahead of time, rinse and drain your beans, toss with seasoning and store in the refrigerator. I wouldn’t recommend dicing your avocado until right before serving as oxidation will turn it brown. You could try to minimize this by tossing it with lime juice if you need to prepare ahead of time or if you are taking this for a work lunch!
If you love buddha bowl style meals, check out this classic buddha bowl recipe!
If you make this recipe, I would love to know! Tag @badtothebowl on social media.
Simple Cajun Black Bean Potato Bowl
- 1/4 cup of black beans
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp
- 1 medium sweet potato, baked or steamed
- 1/4 of avocado, sliced or chopped
- Fresh salad greens of choice
- Baked Sweet Potato: Rinse clean your sweet potato, wrap in foil, bake at 400 degrees for 40 – 45 minutes. Steam: In microwavable safe bowl, place diced potato with small amount of water. Steam for 5 minutes. Alternately, steam on the stovetop.
- While sweet potato bakes or steams, toss black beans with seasoning blend and slightly warm up via stove or microwave.
- Fill bowl with fresh salad greens of choice.
- After sweet potato is done, let cool down slightly than either dice (if baked) sweet potato or place sweet potato in bowl with seasoned black beans and diced avocado.
- Serve immediately!