[Slow Cooker] Southwest Black Bean SoupCourse: Soups
Southwest spices add flavor to this slow cooked soup!
1 1/2 cups dried black beans (soaked overnight and rinsed well)*
4 cups diced butternut squash
4 cups veggie broth
1 cup of water
1 – 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes
1 large jalapeño, diced small
1 cup red pepper, chopped
1 1/2 cups white onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic
3 Tblsp lime juice
1 chipotle pepper in adobe sauce + 3 t. of adobe sauce
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp pepper
- Soak beans overnight and rinse well.
- Lightly coat your slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 7 hours until veggies are tender and beans are soft.
- *You could substitute 2 cans of black beans